Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Primary Email Address needs to change
  •  
clayton

Send a private message to this user
I need help changing the primary email address of a user without changing his login name or stated differently,
I need to keep the login name the same but the primary email address need to change so that the recipient sees a different email address in the "from:" field of the message.
Does anyone know how to do this?
  •  
sedell

Add another address for the user on the Mail Addresses tab of their account. Then, from webmail, on the Mail tab of the settings window, change the "Default From address" to the one you've just created. That'll affect webmail, and Outlook with KOFF. I believe the same setting is picked up by KOC, but haven't tried it.

Scott
  •  
clayton

Thanks for the good info - it worked well enough but I did have some issues.

The web interface worked as expected with the new_primary<_a.t_>domain appearing as the default "From:" email address.

The legacy Outlook Kerio Connector picked up the change and accepted the new information and worked as expected.

The newer Outlook Kerio Connector Offline Edition did not pick up the change however and emails still appeared as being sent from the old primary email address. One could however manually specify the new primary address in the from field. This is not the ideal however as users will invariably forget to do this and is not acceptable. This seems to be a bug.

I could only deploy the legacy Outlook Kerio Connector but I would lose the ability to open multiple mailboxes which the newer Offline Edition provides.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

clayton wrote on Fri, 04 July 2008 09:38

The newer Outlook Kerio Connector Offline Edition did not pick up the change however and emails still appeared as being sent from the old primary email address. One could however manually specify the new primary address in the from field. This is not the ideal however as users will invariably forget to do this and is not acceptable. This seems to be a bug.

Make sure you're using latest version 6.5.1. It should work fine there (see the changelog for this version).

[Updated on: Fri, 04 July 2008 09:43]

•  
clayton

I have double checked and version 6.5.1 is definitely installed.

I had a look at the change log and the following 2 items might relate to the problem:
- Retrieve Info button on configuration dialog shown wrong information.
- Custom From address was not used as real sender address when sending e-mail.

The configuration dialogue box for K offline Edition relects the old_primary when the "Retrieve Info" button is clicked.
The legacy K retieves the new_primary email address.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

•  
clayton

I've checked the configuration, and it is set to the new email address.
  •  
clayton

I've tested the K Offline Edition again and it works if it is configured in its own profile ie. The "from:" address then appears correctly.

I currently have an MS Exchange server connection setup in my outlook profile. When a K offline connection is added to the same profile, the recipient sees the old_primary in the "from:" field, when it is selected to be the active/outgoing account to be used to send email.

I do not experience this issue with the legacy K connector when it is added together with the MS Exchange server in the profile.
It seems this issue has clouded the results of my tests.

I apologise for the confusion.
Previous Topic: attack external
Next Topic: webmail and pop3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:22:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.