Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How To Prevent Downloading Media Files? (Need Help)
  •  
PRETORIAN

Send a private message to this user
Dear friends how to prevent downloading media files as .avi, .mp3, .mpeg, .mov, .mp2 and others

I created in Url Group the list of media files which must be blocked: like taht *.avi, *.mov, *mp3
then i created the address group which must be blocked and choose to Drop...

users can download these files, please help me what i did incorrectly, everything seems correctly

Thank you in advanced
  •  
PRETORIAN

I Implemented, Everything Works Ok.
If anyone is interested i can expline
  •  
Dark Savante

•  
PRETORIAN

Hello!

1 Step

First go on Content Filtering and choose there HTTP Policy, then URL Groups and create your own (for example Media)and insert there all kind of known media extensions as you wish (*.avi, *.mp3 and so on).

2 Step

Go to Definitions brunch and choose Address Groups. Create new group (for example Media) and insert there Ip's or Ip Ranges to whom you must block this media downloads.. (If you use Users, you can create them by users)

3 Step

Go to HTTP Policy and create new fresh URL Rule
General Tab ---

Description: The Name of the rule (Media)
Is in URL Group: Choose that group which was created on step1
Action: Chose check box, Deny Access to the web site

Advanced Tab ---

Valid Time Interval: you can use this function if you like
Valid IP Address Group: chose that Addrress group which was created on step2
Denial Options: as you wish... Show blank screen or redirect the action

That's ok

This Really works 100%

•  
Dark Savante

Thanks for the reply , let me try this.
  •  
Dark Savante

Works so far , thank you very much.
  •  
hammadmasood

Thanks Buddy, I also have a problem with it, now i can block my users to download exe and zip files. Laughing Laughing
Previous Topic: Using VPN from one WRF to Another
Next Topic: Traffic Routing Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:06:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.