Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook PST Import issues
  •  
keepittight

Send a private message to this user
In testing the Kerio Mail server, I used the outlook connector to import my local PST file (approx 1.3 GB). The process brought over all my folder structures, yet almost all the folders were empty. The log file referenced no rights to create objects, however, some files did copy over.

Any ideas on why everything wouldn't import?

Thanks
  •  
wag357

You may be running up against the Outlook PST file size limitation.
If you still have that PST attached to Outlook, try doing some compacting and deleting any mail you can live without to get the file below 1.2gig
Also, you may want to try running scanpst (on your Office disk)on the PST before the import to make sure it is ok. Sometimes the file gets flaky when it nears the upper size limit.
I understand you have an issue with the log reading no rights to create objects, but I have seen really weird issues when trying to import a corrupted PST, so this might be a good place to start until someone with more experience on that particular error message chimes in.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 July 2008 17:05]

•  
silver02suby

.PST "imports" never seem to work quite right. Here's the solution I came up with, and it's worked without flaw every time.

Setup your new mail account that lives on your Kerio server in Outlook, as an IMAP account. Create a new main-level IMAP folder called "import". Open the PST file, and start dragging over folders of messages into the IMAP account, so as to create new IMAP folders within "import". I was able to migrate an offensive amount of mail in PST files recently from users who clearly didn't understand how email works... they got all their folders and subfolders now in IMAP. Wink

Caveats: Get rid of funky characters in PST folder names, like colon, slash, etc... otherwise Outlook will whine trying to make IMAP folders the same. Just use alpha-numerics. Also... if you want to be able to drag nested folders, use Outlook 2007.

If the server is on your local LAN, this process doesn't take too long. If this is over the internet, get comfortable. Smile

- Bill

•  
sedell

I would agree. I've been importing PSTs for quite some time through IMAP. It's far less problematic. Once all the mail is moved over, I set up the KOC or KOFF profile, open the PST again, and drag over the non-mail items like calendar, contacts, etc.

Scott
Previous Topic: Apply filters after creating them
Next Topic: Vista x64 OS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:34:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.