Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mac OS X Server 10.5.4 (Anyone update yet?)
  •  
Lyle M

Send a private message to this user
Apple's release notes on Server 10.5.4 are somewhat limited:

- directory service reliability and authenticating new File Sharing connections
- binding and authentication in Active Directory environments
- editing Wiki content in Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer
- searching with Spotlight in the Finder and on the web
- sending 'Welcome' email messages to users in Server Preferences
- importing users and working with nested groups in Server Preferences
- hosting DHCP services
- supporting private events in iCal
- synchronizing Portable Home Directories
- enabling Software Update Server
- using SNMPv3 services
- hosting with WebObjects 5.4.2
- hosting mail services for users with long user names
- preventing mail server database corruption
- ensuring security of LDAP password hashes
- propagating password changes to Open Directory replicas
- creating and editing DNS records in Server Admin
- creating augment directory records in Advanced server configuration
- using Managed Preferences when clients are bound to Active Directory

I have to wonder if the boldfaced items above could potentially affect the operation of KMS. Of course, it is difficult to tell without much more detail as to what Apple has changed to achieve these fixes. I am especially interested in the fix for password change propagation to OD replicas as I understand that replicas and KMS aren't the best of friends right now.

Has anyone jumped into Server 10.5.4 already with the latest KMS? Have you experienced any problems with OD bound mail domains and users? Does anyone have more detailed release notes for 10.5.4?

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Regards,
Lyle Millander

[Updated on: Thu, 10 July 2008 03:28]

•  
bigmountain

I am also interested in this. I have successfully updated client computers to 10.5.4, but I am afraid to do so for my server. Currently, it is running 10.5.3 and seems to be running ok. Can anyone confirm that they have updated to 10.5.4 server and that all is running smooth?

I know that Kerio runs some internal Xserves that they use for development, testing, etc. Have they upgraded their OS to 10.5.4? Can Kerio comment on their experiences? Thanks!

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
Lyle M

What ever happened to the days of admins installing OS updates quickly and without care (at least in the Mac world)?
I guess those running 10.5 have learned the need for caution. Wink
Don't forget to back up!

All the best,
Lyle
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

I installed the 10.5.4 server update last week and haven't noticed any issues with Kerio as far as I can tell.
  •  
Lyle M

RyeGuyWpg wrote on Fri, 11 July 2008 16:34

I installed the 10.5.4 server update last week and haven't noticed any issues with Kerio as far as I can tell.

Are you using Open Directory to host your user accounts? Is OD running on the same server as KMS? If not, did you update both servers (KMS and OD) to 10.5.4? Do you have any OD replicas?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Hope you don't mind the grilling.

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

Hi,
I thought of that after I posted. We had some issues getting the OD integration to work when we installed it and since we only have a limited amount of users, we are just creating the accounts in Kerio.
I guess the whole point of your original post was to ensure that 10.5.4 didn't break any OD integration with Kerio. Sorry about that.
  •  
Lyle M

No apologies necessary. Thanks for chiming in!

Cheers,
Lyle
Previous Topic: Auto discard mail
Next Topic: Localized name folder in Entourage
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 01:54:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.