Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X mail client that writes tags to KMS
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

i had the following question tagged on to the end of another thread... but received no reply... so thought i would try a new thread for it...

we are looking to upgrade our mail clients (we were thinking of upgrading entourage from 2004 to 2008... but it seems that all of the tags that you assign to email.. project, category etc is NOT written back to the server... so this does not make sense)....

so.. we are looking for another client that will allow us to tag mail (category, priority etc) and those tags get written back to the server

we will also need a somewhat seamless transition from entourage to the new client (exporting/importing all mail etc)

does anyone know of a client that works this way

again... we are running all apple macs with at least 10.4.11 on them

thanks again

yukioMishima
  •  
yukiomishima

i guess this is not possible then?

can it be done using a windows client?... or does KMS itself not accept the email client tags?

anyone?

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm afraid there is no such client for Mac OS X. As I mentioned several times in this forum, Entourage does not have the capability to synchronize categories and tags to any server.

The only client I know which does it is Outlook. Unfortunately, these e-mail attributes can be read only by Outlook. Other clients do not support it.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 July 2008 20:11]

•  
yukiomishima

thanks for the reply

i had read your previous responses re: entourage.... this was more a question about other mac based email clients that would write the data back to the server

seems like outlook (PC) is the only option on either platform

hmmmmm... shame

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
yukiomishima

more database rebuilds... more user frustration

some users spend huge amounts of time/ energy tagging mail... assigning categories etc and when the DB needs rebuilding... need to go thru the whole process again.... which is INSANITY in this day and age

has there been any progress on this... do the recent announcements from microsoft mean that this may soon be a problem of the past

any insight/ input would be greatly appreciated

thanks

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Thu, 20 August 2009 12:32]

Previous Topic: Outlook connector smtp problems
Next Topic: Possible to have groups in the Public contacts folder and sync groups to Address Book
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:43:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.