Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Auto discard mail
  •  
czhower

Send a private message to this user
I have a few mail boxes that have auto responders and we dont ever read the mail. But these boxes get spammed to heck and now have GB's in them.

Is there any option to just say "discard all" for a given mailbox?
  •  
sedell

I believe 'Delete All' is an option if you log in through web mail and right-click the folder containing the mail.

This might help for the future. Instead of using the Out of Office response, use a Mail Filter. Choose 'For all messages' for the condition, then choose both 'Send an auto reply', and 'Discard the message' for the actions. At least that way mail won't continue to build up once you've emptied the folders.

Scott
  •  
czhower

I didnt see mail rules in the admin panel. Or is this a user configured option in web mail?
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

czhower wrote on Thu, 10 July 2008 20:05

I didnt see mail rules in the admin panel. Or is this a user configured option in web mail?

The user needs to configure this via webmail or KOFF.

I don't know why you have these rules, but wouldn't it just be easier to just disable/remove the accounts?
  •  
czhower

I'll try through webmail. What is KOFF?

I cant delete them, their is information contained in the auto response. That is someone drops a mail and receives information. These are email addreses that are published in many places and get spammed, but for legitimate senders it returns other instructions.
  •  
sedell

But if no one is reading the mail, you can discard it as long as the auto reply goes out. Am I misunderstanding?

Scott
  •  
sedell

Oh - I forgot. KOFF is short for the Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition).

Scott
  •  
czhower

Yes thats exactly waht I want to do. I cant delete the mailbox itself though, thats what I though was recommended. Smile
  •  
sedell

Oh... I see. You were replying to someone else's comment.

Scott
Previous Topic: iSync connector and Address Book
Next Topic: Mac OS X Server 10.5.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 05:05:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00475 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.