Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird + Lightning (Support for thunderbird and lightning)
  •  
jsijpkes

Send a private message to this user
I definitely think that Kerio should make serious effort to allow Thunderbird in combination with Lightning to become a good Outlook alternative. Thunderbird connecting to IMAP on Kerio works like a breeze and when compared to the Outlook connector it is much quicker and uses less resources.
However to be able to use the agenda we need Lightning which connects using CalDav or ICal. The problem is that this process generates errors. Some say it is Lighning which is under development, others say its Kerio not being fully compliant to the CalDav standard.
I don't think there is need for a blame-game. I do think that if Kerio invests in Thunderbird + Lightning (by offically supporting it and maybe aid to its development?) the Thunderburd - Lightning - Kerio solution is an effective and robust alternative to XChange.

Just to find out the need for this solution, maybe it is a good idea to have a poll to ask the end-users what they really want?
  •  
sgongola

Outlook with IMAP works as well as Thunderbird with IMAP. Both POP and IMAP are relatively simple interfaces built into Outlook, Thunderbird and Kerio. It is the MAPI interface which is not part of Thunderbird and (I guess) not compatibly included into KERIO. That is why you need the Outlook connector to do the MAPI "thing" for KERIO. Kerio is not the same as the more complex exchange package, it has a lower price with a more manageable administrative interface you don't have to relearn each time a new version comes out. I haven't seen anything about Kerio certification and Kerio has the main facilities most people use with outlook/exchange.

I too would like to see a good lightning/sunbird interface with formal Kerio documentation for it, not just from a post elsewhere in this forum. I would also like to see thunderbird access shared folders and contact lists the same way our users do with Outlook (and KOC/KOFF), but it may need a commitment from kerio to develop a connector (extension) for thunderbird.

Considering that KOC/KOFF are not additional cost items for kerio users, would kerio consider releasing specs so that some industrious user might want to make their own thunderbird extension to do this?
  •  
kmfischer

I agree,
There are other Groupware solutions that Support Thunderbird+Lighting,
Kerio is overlooking a True Multi Platfrom Solution here,

Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, *BSD, Solaris ...

Would Love Kerio to do Something.

Karl
  •  
wannes

Previous Topic: Update 7.4.3 -> 8.00, KOC Offline Client
Next Topic: Thunderbird losing calendar info
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:25:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.