Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF versus KOC for desktops
  •  
wodka

Send a private message to this user
We have updatet our mailserver to 6.5.1 and are using KOFF on all our notebooks. I was wondering if you also advise KOFF for desktops or do you advise to keep using the KOC?
  •  
AndreasL

If I read correct KOFF have better folder sharing (renaming issue in KOC) and improved reminder handling for Outlook. But KOFF have some problems with Outlook2007.
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I thought Kerio wants to abandon KOC in the future.
Next to this KOFF has more features and works better in my opinion
  •  
valshare

AndreasL wrote on Mon, 14 July 2008 16:29

But KOFF have some problems with Outlook2007.

Hi,

what are problems has Outlook2007 with Koff?

We have the problem, with Outlook 2007 & Koff, that are all 8 - 10 second comes up the hourglass and not writing is possible.

How can i fix this problem?

Regards,

Valle
  •  
AndreasL

valshare wrote on Mon, 14 July 2008 21:52

AndreasL wrote on Mon, 14 July 2008 16:29

But KOFF have some problems with Outlook2007.
what are problems has Outlook2007 with Koff?
It may dont work if MS patch 946983 or the new patch 952142 is installed on your system. KOFF crashes Outlook while starting. See the stiky posting on top of this forum.

Regards
Andreas
  •  
cthomas

I have KOFF with Outlook 2007 installed on about 20 or so desktops. It seems to work OK. At least nothing out of the ordinary, yes there are conflicts with KB946983 and KB952142 and there are a whole host of calendar problems. But I am pretty sure those also exist with KOC.

Try it, the download is free. Install it on a few systems and see how it works.

- C. Thomas

•  
wodka

<_a.t_> c. thomas tnx for sharing your experience. I will indeed install KOFF on a few machines to see te effect.
Previous Topic: Admin Bookmarks
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.5.2 released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:47:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.