Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Simple Syncing of Public Contacts Pool? (Are there any solutions for bi-directional syncs for public contacts folders?)
  •  
baskett

Send a private message to this user
I am looking for a simple solution to allow for the bi-directional syncing of a public contacts folder between about 15 clients which all run Apple Address Book on Leopard. So far, we have been using Kerio to manage Mail and iCal (with the new caldav support) with much success, but our office address book hasn't been part of this. I have tested Kerio Sync Connector and the "Synchronize with Exchange" feature of Address Book. While I can get both to work for bi-directional syncs of private users contact folders, neither seem to allow these syncs to a public contacts folder.

I'm looking for the simplest way to do this as we do not require use of individual contact folders - our office is fairly small and open with information, so all contacts are public. Ideally, a single public contacts folder should allow for bi-directional syncs from client machines and access to all users through webmail when out of the office. If it works well for single user contact folders, it would seem that I should be able to sync a single public folder somehow. Is there any solution out there for this or is it hopeless at the moment with Address Book? Many thanks for any help.
  •  
brucemcl

I don't actually have Kerio yet but I am trying to set something like this up in Entourage. What may work is to abandon the concept of public folders entirely. I suggest creating a new Kerio account called addresses<_a.t_>mycompany.com and having everybody sync to that.

Just as a side note, in Entourage it is possible to open contact folders that belong to other accounts. I can go into the "addresses" account and give other users read and write permission. That way the users can have their own address book which syncs with Kerio server along with the improvised "addresses" public address book.
  •  
danek

Bumping this thread, as I have the same exact question...

I have been trying to get public contacts to sync to Address Book. Syncing an individual user's contacts to Address Book is quite useless for us, but it seems to be the only thing I am able to do.

I am able to get public contacts through LDAP, but this only works if I am searching for a particular name. I can't browse through contacts, and I can't edit them, even though I've set all users to have read/write access to the public contacts folder.

All I want is a simple way for everybody to be able to see and edit the same public contacts folder, using Address Book. We were hoping to avoid using Entourage. Is there a way?
  •  
bzeb

Quote:

"I suggest creating a new Kerio account called addresses<_a.t_>mycompany.com and having everybody sync to that."

i was thinking of trying that out for simplicity-sake and then have clients connected via Exchange... but won't any added address any one person adds to their addressbook get added to *everyones* addressbook?

some people use addressbook for personal addresses etc. most people don't use it at all.

obviously i don't want them all co-mingling.
Previous Topic: Sync all folders using push/activesync
Next Topic: Webmail doesn't work with Firefox 3 beta 2?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:26:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.