Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CALDAV - iCal 10.5.4 - Loop
  •  
henrihoffmann

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

have touble (since 10.5.4.) with iCal CALDAV sync. iCal & syslogd begin to loop and the sync never ends. I have delete and readded the account in iCal, no change. Almost all data will be transferred from kerio to iCal but the process never finishes.

Debug log:

} PROPFIND /caldav/users/xxx-office.de/.public/ received from remote host='xxx', user-agent='DAVKit/2.0 (10.5.4; wrbt) iCal 3.0.4'
[15/Jul/2008 11:46:10][2981875712] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in principalExists(): CPPSQLITE_ERROR(code=1000): CPPSQLITE_ERROR[1000]: Database not open
[15/Jul/2008 11:46:10][2981875712] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in addDomains(): CPPSQLITE_ERROR(code=1000): CPPSQLITE_ERROR[1000]: Database not open
[15/Jul/2008 11:46:10][2981875712] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in addGroups(): CPPSQLITE_ERROR(code=1000): CPPSQLITE_ERROR[1000]: Database not open
[15/Jul/2008 11:46:10][2981875712] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in addGroups(): CPPSQLITE_ERROR(code=1000): CPPSQLITE_ERROR[1000]: Database not open
[15/Jul/2008 11:46:10][2981875712] {webdav} CaldavService exception caught in setMembership(): CPPSQLITE_ERROR(code=1000): CPPSQLITE_ERROR[1000]: Database not open

•  
pderby

We have one user with exactly these same symptoms. Anyone have any idea about the cause of the underlying problem?
  •  
henrihoffmann

Sure, to fix it, rm the .caldav file.
It took me 3 weeks to find it!

Henri
  •  
pderby

Glad you found this. You will save a lot of people 3 weeks of hunting.

So what is the path to the .caldav file?

I looked in ~/Library/Application Support/iCal/

and didn't see this file. Is it hiding in another directory?

Spotlight doesn't find it either.

There are a bunch of entries in ~/Library/Calendars such as:

/Users/pderby/Library/Calendars/05927BC9-70E8-47CF-9DEE-6E78 E1405E66.caldav/E6EE2059-59BC-4C2D-B45B-F109FD5142D8.calenda r/Events/040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000002723A3E89 4DE479195C48C79DFA49910000000C6007F5BE3FABF4087321BB950447FB 8.ics

Seems to be one entry for each shared calendar. Are these the files you suggest be deleted?

[Updated on: Tue, 02 September 2008 17:12]

•  
henrihoffmann

Hi,

it's a file on the Kerio server:

.. /mailserver/store/mail/.caldav.db .

Henri
  •  
pderby

Our sysadmin people deleted the existing .caldav.db and restarted the server and that stopped the sync loop in iCal for two people that had endless synch loops.

However, the problem has recurred again today when a calendar event was changed on a Kerio "work" calendar which somehow mysteriously posted to an iCal local personal calendar. When the duplicate entry in the personal calendar was deleted from iCal, the sync looping started again.

•  
henrihoffmann

Hi,
well I exported all local calendars, one by one (via ical export), deleted the local calendars, created again in Kerio (ical with caldav sync) and reimported the calerdars contents (via ical import). Up to now this solved all my problems and by the way, all calendars are in sync with my iphone.

Henri
  •  
pderby

Henri,

That's a good approach if you don't mine having all your calendars on both Kerio and iCal.

Many of our users wish to have a WORK calendar on the Kerio server and wish to keep their personal calendar local only to iCal.

Hopefully, Kerio will be engineered so this is work/shared personal/local configuration is possible even if it means having to execute a script or two in addition to the sync so that all the events appear on the correct calendar.

Paul
  •  
pderby

Just upgraded to Leopard 10.5.5. Still same problem with iCal/Kerio in endless synch loops. Seems to start when declining to attend meeting events that are invites on my Kerio calendar that is synched to iCal.

Not sue if this is an iCal or Kerio issue. Either way, I wish Kerio would "own" the problem and work with Apple to either resolve the sync issue/hang or provide a work around script that deletes the offending event in iCal when it gets loaded from a Kerio calendar (if that is possible).

It would be great if Kerio could explain the issue if they don't think it is their problem, but Apple's problem.

•  
pderby

iCal synchs are still hanging as documented in my last post. Anyone else having similar problems? Anyone found solutions?

Previous Topic: Anti Virus Not Running -- avir_mcafee cannot be initialized
Next Topic: iCal shared calendar working, but how to get externally emailed events to appear in shared calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:17:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.