Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal Event Notification / Shared User Calendars
  •  
baskett

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable iCal's event notifications from being distributed to everyone who can read your shared calendar? Currently, if I try to share my private calendar with other staff members, each person receives a notification in iCal every time someone invites me to an event. This makes the idea of shared private calendars a bit of a no go.

Our office has been set up so that each staff member has a public calendar for all work related events (private calendars have been offered for more personal use), however without the ability to sync these on iPhones in the office, it seems that public calendars like this will go the way of the dinosaur.

I know that it's possible to tell iCal not to retrieve invitations from Mail automatically, but I've not tested this extensively. It seems that there should be a way to control who can see your calendar(s), but also who receives you notifications. Any tips?

•  
chrisrosa

We definitely need to be able to disable this. At least at the User preferences level. I'm running into issues where a user will get a notification in Apple Mail, add it to their calendar there, and it will also get added to their default Kerio Calendar. Additionally, you can't delete the event in iCal w/o notifying the organizer. -chris
  •  
hello

Did you check with support on this yet? Any resolution?

I have the same issue with a number of companies I have upgraded and are beginning to use the new system.

Regarding the 'Delete and Notify' issue, There is an program you can download for ical that is SUPPOSED to give you the option of 'Delete and NOT Notify'. (icalreplychecker. http://www.nhoj.co.uk/icalreplychecker/) It works for the Personal Calendars in iCal but does NOT seem to work for the calendars subscribed in KERIO. Also the 10.5.4 update now added this option into iCal but again it does not appear when deleting an event from a KERIO calendar.

Chris

[Updated on: Mon, 21 July 2008 05:55]

•  
baskett

I've opened a ticket with support, but haven't had a response yet. It's only been one business day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  •  
pderby

Just want to agree that a "delete without notify" is needed. When an email is sent out to cancel a meeting with 50 attendees, the user should have the option to notify or not notify when they delete the meeting entry from their Kerio calendar via iCal.
  •  
hello

This is becoming a real headache for me. Any news on this yet (or a solution)?

Chris
  •  
TCMMac

Any word on this yet? This is becoming an issue with our clients as well. (Notifications in iCal on shared calendars)
  •  
hello

Baskett any news?

This is a huge pain...people are sending and RE sending notifications because of this. They have to hit ESC or it will send out a notification. Entourage does not do this it is only in iCal so I guess this is an iCal Issue? The thing that gets me is that you can 'Delete and NOT notify' any local calendars just not the KERIO calendars.

Chris
  •  
pderby

Our users are beginning to un-install Kerio because of the lack of an ability to delete without notify and not being able to change calendars.

The users don't care if this is a Kerio or Apple problem. Lack of these features just makes the shared calendar capability not worth the hassle.

Also, it seems the synch connection never quits for many users. Another issue that supposedly belongs to Apple. Nonetheless it doesn't work for the users.

We were hoping the upgrade to the most recent release would solve some of these issues. It didn't.

•  
hello

pderby,

What are you doing instead? Entourage?

Chris
  •  
pderby

We use Kerio as the mail server. Just use iCAl, Apple Mail, Address book without the Kerio sync. So no Kerio software on the client machines, just the mail server.

People can still go to the Kerio web page if they want to, but few do.

•  
robjfrost

I have just set up kerrio using ical as our calendar client and although i cant share any public calendars (any advice please, driving me mad?). The sharing of personal calendars is fine with no notifications problems. I set all the users to read only permission using the users web interface and set them on the users calendars. I know if you set the permission to administrator you get the invites not sure about editor haven't tried. Cheers Rob
  •  
hello

iCal v4.0.4, SnowLeopard 10.6.7, KERIO Connect v7.1.4 build 2985.

I STILL cannot delete an event in iCal without notifying all invitees (it's the only option other than cancel). My users have to log into the web interface for this to work.

Am I missing some work around or is this the same issue it was back in 2009?

Chris
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

AFAIK iCal has no option "Delete and do not notify". You can report this feature request to Apple.
hello

PDobry,

Thanks for the reply...

iCal will indeed give the option of 'Delete and not notify' when you delete an event from any calendar that exists under the 'On My Mac' heading but it will not come up with any of the Kerio Calendars.

Chris
Previous Topic: Enabling full text search in KC 8.2
Next Topic: Kerio Connect DB Size
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 16 23:50:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00588 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.