Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » For technical support: 0x80042013 (can not belive that this was not in the forum--> who wrote this error message?)
  •  
rigo

Send a private message to this user
Error message reads:

Checking connection to Kerio MailServer failed.
Processing the request on the server failed. If the error occurs again, please contact the server administrator.

(For technical support: 0x80042013, Synchronizator::setOnlineInternal: Error while testing connection!)

Now I may be new to Kerio but this is ridiculous, just who was the one that came up with that error message? must of had m$-exchange development time on their vanes!!

If one does not place the _complete_ email address during the KOFF Retrieve Info, you will get the above error. Even if domain name was IP bind. ie: one can login to webmail with just user name vs. KOFF one is forced to use the complete email address as login--if the login is not the primary domain.

Must of searched over 2 hrs for this one, I was so upset that it was not until I drove away that I realized it was acting up as if it needed the complete email address. Of course it is documented that one has to use the email not just the login--but the error message gives absolutely NO indication that this is what must be happening!! aaaaagggghhh! ooh-bajamba!

Anyhow, wanted to post just in case someone else run into the same problem and could not find the solution. Now where is that guy that wrote that error message... got a few choice words for him/her Wink
  •  
dexterb

I agree - it's troubling when the error message(s) have nothing to do with the actual problem.

I just experienced the same error on most of our users that use KOC Offline Connector. Strange errors like a warning on the systray icon that the KOFF password was incorrect, or the connection to the mailserver has been closed, etc. After a few hours I discovered my issue boiled down to two setting discrepancies:

The first was I had redirected traffic on my office router HTTPS TCP/443 to a different internal IP address (instead of the mail server). The other was that I had the DNS name of our mailserver (mail.domain.com) in the KOC setting dialog box (the one where you can do cache repair, set the Authentication mode, etc). If I used the direct IP address the 0x80042013 error didn't occur since it connected directly via IP address. But external/remote users didn't have that luxury since they had to use the DNS name. Hence my seemingly intermittent problem.

So once I redirected the HTTPS port back to the mailserver's IP address, everything worked fine as usual.

•  
TorW

0x80042013 is a generic error message for "I couldn't find whatever it was you asked me to go look for". In other words: output equals input. If a programmer must assume only one thing in this case, it's that the user is entering the correct input data and have set up the surrounding infrastructure correctly. Otherwise we're entering MS territory where the software starts guessing about what we really meant. That's even worse than a cryptic error message generated by cryptic input.
Previous Topic: KMS stripping html
Next Topic: Outlook freezing since update to Connect 7
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:44:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.