Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone Mail Problem
  •  
scarface

Send a private message to this user
Hello

My Kerio Hoster have 6.5.2 and the push to the iPhone with contacts and calendar it's going, but on the iPhone when i tap on the Mail-App then it open, i see my mails 2-3 seconds and the close the Mail-App.

When i use my Hosted Exchange Account then it's running, no problem with the Mail-App.

Greeting
Scarface
  •  
My IT Indy

Try setting it up with imap and see what happens.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
scarface

Thanks for the answer, but i don't want IMAP i want push.

I don't know is it a problem that i have i german iPhone and my hoster is from USA.

Greeting
Scarface
  •  
My IT Indy

I understand you want push, but TRY imap to see if it works.

Also, I've found with PUSH your phone will be dead halfway through the afternoon. Doesn't matter what type of phone it is, iPhone, Windows Mobile, they all die.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
gregcaulder

HoosierMac wrote on Fri, 18 July 2008 15:56

I understand you want push, but TRY imap to see if it works.

Also, I've found with PUSH your phone will be dead halfway through the afternoon. Doesn't matter what type of phone it is, iPhone, Windows Mobile, they all die.

WHAT? are you kidding me.

I have push email on my iPhone and it works great. And the battery last 3 days. I get a HUGE amount of emails all day long, and I am constantly using my iPhone for other tasks as well.
  •  
My IT Indy

I've had my iPhone 3G for 2 days, the first day it died by 2:30pm using push for both imap email and calendar/contacts. Today I set it at 15 minutes to fetch and the battery made it to 5pm.

My HTC TyTN was the same way, I had to set an interval to fetch instead of using push.

Is your iPhone 3G or the original?

-
My IT Indy
  •  
dnoguero

I'm having the same problem when I open up certain mail folders using Kerio and an iPhone Exchange account. The folder opens and shows a few messages and after 2-3 seconds the mail app crashes. I verified that this does not occur with IMAP.

There is a significant difference with battery life with 3G. I was able to do mail polling every 15 mins. with IMAP on my non-3G iPhone for days before recharging. Have you tried using push with 3G turned off?

->Dan
  •  
scarface

<_a.t_>dnoguero

Exactly the same, when i use it with IMAP then it's not crash, but when i use the Mail-App on the Iphone over push, then open the Mail-App, i see the mails 2-3 seconds and the coming the crash and the apps close.

Greeting
Scarface
  •  
psyho

I had similar problem.
The problem was that edge (i have iphone first gen) was activated and wifi also.Right now im using only wifi and seams the mail app is stable.
Previous Topic: queue delay
Next Topic: Block any mail from certain domain extension.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:43:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00499 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.