Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Converting .pst into Kerio store - not all records come along (Looking for other products or message to do a successful import)
  •  
kingswaygroup

Send a private message to this user
I am at a client that is running OUTLOOK 2003. Their email has gone through many iterations, from Outlook Express, through 97, 2000, 2002, 2003.

When I take a known 2003 .pst and load it up into Kerio following a recipe on another post everything comes in and we are happy. The .pst files that have been in service and have transformed a number of times fail with many folders having less or no email stored.

I have run SCANPST and it did find and correct errors, however regardless of whether I use the original or the fixed file there is mail missing and often we get that wonderful Outlook message "IMPORT FAILED". Very informative. I should have also mentioned that the properties of this .pst is showing 97-2002. So I have tried to convert to a new .pst format and all email comes into the new .pst. Taking this to Kerio still fails as before. Obviously there are deep issues in the mail store.

If anyone knows of a good product or methodology to get ALL the old mail across I am interested in trying. Seemingly staying within the Microsoft product line seems to work, but once you go out it breaks. I am told this also happened on the current mail server (Bynari) so it is not unique.

Last point, copying folder by folder does not even get everything. There are failure messages or just missed emails, and this after SCANPST and conversions.

Thanks for any help.

David

David Green
  •  
sedell

Unfortunately, doing a straight import (or export) doesn't work properly. The supported method for importing a PST is here:
http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=221

Scott
  •  
kingswaygroup

You are referring to the post that I followed to try and convert the .pst file. I have done this quite a number of times and have been unsuccessful. This is why I am searching for other methods that may be helpful to me.

Thank you just the same.

David

David Green
  •  
sedell

When the officially supported doesn't work, try the unsupported I suppose. I'd still open a ticket on it so they can fix the problem or update the KB article, though.

I do PST imports using IMAP. It won't do the whole store in one pass, but this has been more reliable for me in the past.

I create a profile set up for IMAP. I open the PST, and drag over all of the mail. When that's done, I close out of Outlook, then create a new, final profile set up to use KOC or KOFF. Then I start up Outlook using the new profile, open the PST again, and drag over the non-mail items. To do this with calendar items, you have to change the view to events so you can select all and drag.

I've never timed it, but these all seem to go faster if you use copy instead of move. You don't have to deal with Outlook compacting or otherwise modifying the PST while the mail is transferring.

Scott
Previous Topic: User's Kerio mail very slow, crashes Outlook 2003
Next Topic: OTA sync and Outlook 2003
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:45:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.