Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone 2.0 - no Adressbook Pictures syncronisation?
  •  
valshare

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

can Kerio 6.5.2 sync the Adressbook pictures with iPhone 2.0?

Greatings, Valle
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, of course. It works fine for me. At least in combination AddressBook -> KerioMailServer -> iPhone.

I'm not sure about desktop synchronization but that's something we cannot change anyway.
  •  
valshare

Hi,

thanx for fast answer. But Picture sync didnt work for me.

What have i try.

First:

Make a contact on my iphone, take a photo, sync with kerio over exchange function. No foto in my Adressbook on Adressbook on Apple.

Second:

Make a contact on my Adressbook on my iMac and assigned a picture. Sync it with iPhone. Contact is on iPhone but no Picture.

Greatings,

valle

[Updated on: Sun, 20 July 2008 17:49]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Are you using Kerio Sync Connector for Mac?
  •  
valshare

No, i use the settings in the Application Adressbook.

I will try the connector.
  •  
valshare

Ok,

now it works "a little" better.

Now i used the Kerio Connector on my mac.

iphone -> Contacts works.
Contacts -> iphone ... picture is empty

Greating,

Valle
  •  
dannyP

Hey,

Funny enough, I was just experiencing this problem too and came here to start a post, but see others are already having this problem... Here is mine:

I take a picture with the iPhone and set it as the picture for one of my contacts. It was there for about an hour or so, and then all of a sudden it disappeared off the Contacts in the iPhone, and its not even in AddressBook. I tried it a few times, and it just keeps disappearing...

My setup is:

Address Book w/ Kerio Sync Connector
iPhone 2.0 connecting through AS to KMS 6.5.2

Please help Sad
  •  
dannyP

... wait now it shows the picture in Address Book, but no longer shows it on the iPhone. Wierd
  •  
psfollies

I have tested this and can report:

Adding a pic on the iPhone to a Contact will push to KMS and using the Kerio Sync Connector for Mac, make its way to an Apple Address Book just fine.

Change the picture in Address Book and it will blank both the Address Book entry picture and the picture for tha entry on the iPhone.

Odd.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

psfollies wrote on Fri, 25 July 2008 00:34

I have tested this and can report:

Adding a pic on the iPhone to a Contact will push to KMS and using the Kerio Sync Connector for Mac, make its way to an Apple Address Book just fine.

Change the picture in Address Book and it will blank both the Address Book entry picture and the picture for tha entry on the iPhone.

Odd.

Make sure that the picture has maximum size of 5kB. AddressBook does not resize the picture and it could be 200kB or higher. Such big picture cannot be synchronized to the mobile device with KMS 6.5.x.

Next KMS version will allow higher limit for picture size.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

valshare wrote on Sun, 20 July 2008 18:18

Ok,

now it works "a little" better.

Now i used the Kerio Connector on my mac.

iphone -> Contacts works.
Contacts -> iphone ... picture is empty

Greating,

Valle

Resize the picture to be less than 5kB in size.
  •  
benjah

Anyone have an update on whether this has been worked out with the new release of KMS? And by worked out, I mean to the point where I get the photo without having to resize it, regardless of which way the information's coming (iPhone to Contacts or AB, etc.)
?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2008 02:45]

•  
roly

hello

we use iphone g3 with fw 2.1. kms 6.6.x on win2003.
photos do not have to be resized. works fine.
bye from ch, roly
Previous Topic: KOFF (6.5.2) not syncing automatically
Next Topic: Don't work external pop3 mailboxes?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 18:44:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00563 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.