Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Frequent problems with the shared public folders
  •  
mrralan

Send a private message to this user
We are using KOFF 6.5.2. We run into problems quite a bit with the shared public folders. We are sharing contacts and frequently, a user will report that they cannot expand the public folders. To resolve this I either have to re-create the profile or remove KB946983. Lately however, KB946983 has not be in the ADD/REMOVE and recreating the profile isn't helping. I have hidden KB946983 from Microsoft Update on certain PCs and now if I check back in hidden updates, it is no longer listed. The latest error is...

The set of folders cannot be opened. An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call.

I have seen this with XP SP3 and Office 2007. Anyone know the solution? Thanks.
  •  
mrralan

Fixed it. Now, I had to remove KB952142, which is another Microsoft update.
  •  
jstrickland

I am experiencing the same problem. I will try your suggestion. This is definitely something that will need to be submitted as a trouble ticket.
  •  
jstrickland

I could not find either update on this machine. I ended up uninstalling and installing the regular KOC.
  •  
Anonymous

We have the same problem and the same funny message.

So, we tried to reinstall the KOC with KOFF 6.5.2.

That had no effect.

So we created a new Outlook2007 profile. That helped, until the user restarted outlook Rolling Eyes

The user has not SP1 installed (?!) and KB952142 is not installed, too.

Now, we try to install SP1 and remove the additional patch KB952142.

Let's see what's happening.

Cheers,

multiwack

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2008 13:15] by Moderator

•  
Anonymous

After restart of outlook the user was able to use public folders! Surprised

So, we realized that outlook 2007 was installed, but not SP1 ?! Rolling Eyes

Our Situation is, that some Kerio installations are not clean, SP1 is missing when using Office 2007.

Deinstallation of patch KB952142 is not necessary to solve the problem.

Cheers,

multiwack

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2008 14:48] by Moderator

•  
mrralan

Another thing I noticed here sometimes...

When you uninstall KB952142 the problem might not be fixed. Go back and check in the ADD/REMOVE list and see if the uninstall of KB952142 now put KB946983 back in the list. If so, that will need to be removed also.
  •  
olivercmc

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar problem with KOFF and Outlook 2007. Starting in the morning, all public folders are visible and accesible. Trying a few hours later, the folder structure is visible and can be expanded, but the items do not display. Instead we have a message (free translation from german into English .-): "The folder cannot be displayed. Outlook cannot access the storage location. The element cannot be opened". That only happens for shared folders, not for my personal folder. We disabled both of the KB-problem pŘataches and have SP1 installed on the machine.

Oliver
  •  
mrralan

olivercmc wrote on Fri, 01 August 2008 11:47

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar problem with KOFF and Outlook 2007. Starting in the morning, all public folders are visible and accesible. Trying a few hours later, the folder structure is visible and can be expanded, but the items do not display. Instead we have a message (free translation from german into English .-): "The folder cannot be displayed. Outlook cannot access the storage location. The element cannot be opened". That only happens for shared folders, not for my personal folder. We disabled both of the KB-problem pŘataches and have SP1 installed on the machine.

Oliver

Try re-creating the profile or re-installing KOFF.
  •  
talkinggoat

I also had to remove both of these updates. My user was having the problem when she was trying to click on the "to" button to add contacts to her email. Closed outlook, removed the update, opened outlook, problem fixed.
  •  
max@work

Well... I think this is a stupid issue!
I've just installed a KOFF on a pc with Outlook 2007 SP1. I've removed the KB952142 and then I've created a new profile.
Now all seem to work, also the public address book.

I restart the pc, launch Outlook and now the same problem: "The folder cannot be displayed. Outlook cannot access the storage location. The element cannot be opened"

I'm thinking seriously to leave Kerio MS because I have too many problems.... I'm testing KOFF because with thousands emails for each account, Kerio MS and KOC are too slow in Outlook using the IMAP protocol. And please don't say "look for your hardare" because I use Kerio in 2 different companies on two servers with 4 HDs ULTRA SCSI in RAID 1-0, 4GB RAM and a Pentium III on one server and a Xeon on the other and only for about 50 client with a 100Mbit LAN.

Thanks
Bye, Max
  •  
talkinggoat

If you have removed both updates, and the profile, then it's probably not the local computer. Did you try renaming the user's folder on the server to user.old and letting it create a new one, then bring the user's .msg files back in. I usually just move the entire folder out of the kerio tree, onto the desktop or something.

I've got 12000 emails on my account, and koff runs fine. It takes about an hour for it to sync, when i have to create a profile, but it works.

Lastly, submit a trouble ticket and tell us what happens.
  •  
SecurityDan

We had the same problem. Uninstalled the updates (952142 & 946983), reinstalled KOFF, still no worky.

Uninstalled AVG anti-virus, re-installed it with a custom installation, unchecked mail protection, reinstalled KOFF, and...voila!

Hope this helps.
  •  
mrralan

SecurityDan wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 21:19

We had the same problem. Uninstalled the updates (952142 & 946983), reinstalled KOFF, still no worky.

Uninstalled AVG anti-virus, re-installed it with a custom installation, unchecked mail protection, reinstalled KOFF, and...voila!

Hope this helps.

You might have been able to fix this by just disabling the AVG Plug-In from within Outlook and then re-enabling it.
jfeilding

I have the same issue (see attachment) connecting with Outlook 2007 (offline mode). I uninstalled the KB hotfixes mentioned above and uninstalled Avast. I rebooted and created a new Outlook profile, but I still can't connect to public address book or any of my folders.

I want to role this product out to a couple of hundred users, but this is going to be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Previous Topic: 6.6 almost great
Next Topic: How many User do you have?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:58:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00555 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.