Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone and shared calendars
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
I have a client that is using Kerio. They have two iPhones and want to get more. I can get the phones to work with Kerio exchange, but the problem I having is the calendars.

Both people using iphones need to be able to see multiple calendars and be able to edit them.

I can't seem to get this to work. This is how I am trying to set it up please correct me.

each user on the kerio mail server has a calendar their own calendar that they can set access rights to. I have then subscribed each of the iphone users to the calendars they need to see.

The problem is that when you set up the iPhone the only calendar showing up is the users calendar and not any of the subscribed ones.

What I want to know is what I am trying to do possible with Kerio? if so then is there anything I specifically need to enable to make it work?
  •  
My IT Indy

Do you see a Calendars button on the top left when you click on Calendars?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
skeates

Are you talking about in the webmail interface?

I have just had some time now to sit down and play again.

What I have discovered is that if you have a calendar listed under your profile then it will show up on the iphone. Problem is when you subscribe to some one elses calendar it gets put in its own section below the public folders. You can not move it from there or not that I can see at least.

Another thing I have discovered is that you can create every ones calendars as public folders. You can then drag the public folder calendar into the users set of folders, but then it becomes there folder and does not show up for any one else. You can then subscribe to those folders from that user, but this would only solve the problem if you had one iphone user. If you have more than one then you are back to my first problem above.

I think Kerio has shortchanged us here so much in the way that they have provided an update, but provided very little information on configuring it.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

skeates wrote on Tue, 22 July 2008 22:04

I think Kerio has shortchanged us here so much in the way that they have provided an update, but provided very little information on configuring it.

Please read: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=13767&sta rt=0
  •  
skeates

skeates wrote on Tue, 22 July 2008 21:21

What I want to know is what I am trying to do possible with Kerio? if so then is there anything I specifically need to enable to make it work?

So that then answers my above question. What I am trying to do is not possible. The iPhone can together with Kerio can not see a calander aka shared folder of another user?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

skeates wrote on Tue, 22 July 2008 22:15

skeates wrote on Tue, 22 July 2008 21:21

So that then answers my above question. What I am trying to do is not possible. The iPhone can together with Kerio can not see a calander aka shared folder of another user?

At this moment, iPhone cannot see it with any server (Kerio, Exchange). We are working on a workaround and it looks promising so far. I hope is could be available in few weeks as a beta.
  •  
skeates

Ok thank you that solves my problem in so much as that I am not hunting for something that is not available yet.

What I would like to ask is for a guide on how to set up the calendering system in preparation for the beta/update.

Reason I ask is my client is getting a bit annoyed with having their calendar system changed around so much due to a previous problem they were experiencing with Kerio.

How do you envision the system working?
  •  
rinzwind

ActiveSync never supported viewing shared folders (e-mail, contacts or calendars). Has nothing to do with Kerio. Windows Mobile and MS Exchange have the same limitation.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2008 15:11]

•  
margaan

Has there been a workaround, yet?

I want to schedule meetings and need to see if my collegues already have meetings at the same time - so we need to see shared calendars...

Please let me know the current status. The last i found here was from July 2008

Thanks!
  •  
anthony.somerset

i am currently testing iphone beta stuff to see how it will work with kerio (REMEMBER this is beta software and should not be done in a production environment, also i know that kerio cannot officially support it until the public update is released in June)

and it has caldav support and subscriptions it is therefore supposed to support delegated calendars/public calendars

caldav works with kerio on iphone(just about) and finally the colours of my calendars on my iphone match those in iCal!

yet to try subscribed calendars as this would be the solution for most people with public calendars

remember this is Beta and you have to be on the iphone developer program, but its something to look forward to in June

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2009 12:10]

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
My IT Indy

Can you please remove reference to iPhone 3.0 software? They will lock this thread, which has otherwise good stuff in it.

Thanks.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: iPhone OS 3.0
Next Topic: Installation of Kerio Outlook Connector KOC on Ternimalserver
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:27:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00486 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.