Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone - individual permissions to contacts/calendars
  •  
silver02suby

Send a private message to this user
The ActiveSync connectivity with iPhone and Kerio works to our company's satisfaction but we would like a little more control. For example, we have technicians in the field that would make use of the GAL lookup feature, so they can look up a client's phone number, get a tech support number, etc... out of Company Contacts. I don't want the techs to have all the Public folders calendars on their phones, but i DO want them to have their personal calendars within their Kerio profile. I dont want our Vacations/Reviews calendar on the iPhones of the techs, but I DO want it available to our CFO and CEO. Is there a way, or will there be a way, to control, per user, the Public Folders items that can be utilized?

Within Kerio's Admin Console, under Domain Settings / Users, pick a user, click "Status / Mobile Devices" ... I can see a list of "folders" being OTA synced to the iPhones. I want to be able to checkbox those on/off at the Kerio level, for each individual user.

Thoughts?

- Bill

•  
My IT Indy

Notifylink will have an iPhone client available that should do this. It's not free however. It should be out in August.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
silver02suby

I'm not sure why it's the responsibility of the iPhone developers here... shouldn't this be at the server level? After all, that's where permissions are maintained.
  •  
My IT Indy

File a feature request with either your reseller or Kerio directly. You have a good idea.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Where is the problem?
Just set correct access rights for each public folder to restrict access there (tech. support no, CEO yes). This way, GAL will display only contacts that the user can see.

Please note that iPhone does not have native support for public folders. See the sticky thread in this forum.
  •  
silver02suby

There is no problem as far as overall access is concerned ... but I'd like different information available on mobile devices than the users would have on their computers. We have nothing confidential in our public folders to keep hidden from specific users, we just want to control what we have available on the phones.

As for not supporting public folders... in what capacity do you mean? I have *all* of the Public Folders / Contacts subsections, as well as all my Public Folders calendars when I enable push. I can't read/write, which is fine, but I have all of them. Which, btw, is annoying. Smile I can't turn individual calendar displays on/off, but that's Apple's issue to solve, not Kerio's.

•  
sramdeen

Quote:

Please note that iPhone does not have native support for public folders. See the sticky thread in this forum.

Where is the link to that sticky, please? I'm being dense and can't find it.

We've just started using Kerio at one site. Seems to do the trick much better than Mail & iCal, but time will tell!

Would love to know the up to date status of iPhone support - what does and does not work for example.

Stu

Previous Topic: KOC (KoffBackend.exe) won't close
Next Topic: Insert Contacts into Kerio via WebDav or other
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:44:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.