Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail inbox
  •  
rinzwind

Send a private message to this user
A simple question. I have configured Apple Mail using the Exchange option. I can see all my e-mail. However, I don't know how to create a new folder under the inbox in Apple Mail. When I create a new "Mail Box" it creates the folder at the top level and not under the inbox. What to do?
I tried changing the IMAP prefix to INBOX. Then I can create folders, but my sent items folder is missing...

•  
rinzwind

Doesn't anyone use Apple Mail with KMS? Or do you take this problem for granted and do you create subfolders of inbox in webmail?
  •  
bchatain

i use apple mail, and i creat new folder and subfoler with webmail. Never find another solution

Kerio 8.4 with windows 2008 server R2 /
80 mac clients / 10.6.x - 10.10.X
Apple Mail with exchange/imap account
Kerio 8.4.0 with OX 10.6.8 server
20 mac clients / 10.6.x - 10.10.X
  •  
My IT Indy

I use Apple Mail setup with IMAP and can create folders anywhere I want to.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
rinzwind

With IMAP I have problems with my sent items... It creates a new folder for Apple Mail ("Sent Messages") instead of using the correct one in KMS.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2008 14:43]

•  
rinzwind

Ah, wait I can select indeed special folders when using IMAP in Apple Mail!
Just select the IMAP folder (Sent Items) and go to the Mailbox menu/Use this mailbox for.../Sent.
Woohoo Wink
Still stupid that the Exchange feature has this limitation. I suspect this is also a problem when using a real MS Exchange server.
And why are folders called mailboxes? Confusing.
  •  
monsterfreecity

The local Sent Messages folder is expected behavior -- what you probably want to do after you configure IMAP in Apple Mail is click on the KMS folder "Sent Items", go to the Mailbox menu > Use This Mailbox For > Sent

You will also need to do this for the KMS Junk and Deleted Items folders (assuming you have Junk set to Automatic).

Then just move any left over mail out of the three local folders (Sent Messages, Junk, and Deleted Message) to the KMS ones, and delete the local folders.

In this way, the only cosmetic noise you're left with in the list is Server/Public Folders, and your users will be forced to use the server-side folders for everything.
  •  
rinzwind

I have the same issue again... I created an IMAP account with empty prefix. Existing subfolders are listed, but I can't add a new folder under "Inbox". It appears instead under email<_a.t_>address (root level). When I enter INBOX as prefix the root folders are gone (ie Deleted Items).
Previous Topic: Outgoing filters
Next Topic: MailServer Seperation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:16:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00589 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.