Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Get Offline Phone List?
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
Does anybody know a nice way to export the shared Contacts folder into an external application which can then make a HTML or PDF phone/Email list we can give to people who are not KMS users?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2008 12:22]

•  
sedell

You could try a mail merge. See this thread.

Scott
  •  
jaikudo

I hate doing mail merges*, and I was hoping for something scriptable anyway, so I have started using the Perl LDAP module to read the data. This is working pretty well but it is not returning every field in the Contacts card.

Before I spend time trying to pull the additional data from the LDAP, can anybody tell me whether I am wasting my time by trying? Does the LDAP even encompass all the contact data?

So far I have got most of what I need:

cn = Display name
mail = Email address
o = Company
ou = Department
telephoneNumber = Business phone (full number)
title = Job title

The only other thing I really need is the "Company phone" field. I have been using this to put the extension number into. The extension numbers are not all derivable from the full phone numbers. Secondary email addresses would also be nice but I can live without those.

Is there any way to get this by LDAP or is it simply not part of the LDAP data structure?

* - Is it my imagination or is Mail Merge the most egregiously unfriendly and unintuitive feature in both MS Office and OpenOffice?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2008 12:29]

•  
jaikudo

I just had another idea. Would I be better off just reading the VCards directly out of the message store?
  •  
jaikudo

I never got the Company Phone out of the LDAP but I have got a Perl program making the lists using the rest of the LDAP data. I can post a copy if anybody is interested.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 August 2008 12:20]

•  
billb3

would love to see your script, thanks!
  •  
jaikudo

OK. It is attached. I won't pretend that it is tidy but it is reasonably well commented and I have run it successfully on both Windows and Linux. You will need some extra Perl modules for LDAP and date handling.

You will also need to do quite a bit of customisation as I have put some stuff in which is rather specific to our organisation:

1. Change the LDAP server, username and password it connects as.
2. Replace "JK UK" and "JK Corporate" with your equivalent strings for your own organisation name and the senior management department if you want to force it to the top of the departmental list.
3. Modify the rule to decode phone numbers to extension numbers.
4. Modify the locations it writes the HTML files to. As you can see, ours publishes directly to our intranet.
5. Modify the HTML as you see fit. Set the colours and stylesheet as you want them.
6. Add or remove features as you see fit. Maybe you don't need all three versions of the list or maybe HTML is not your desired output format.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 September 2008 11:32]

Previous Topic: IPhone not showing 100 messages list
Next Topic: Apache / Kerio Conflict in PHP?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:03:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.