Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sharing Calendars
  •  
Cheeze

Send a private message to this user
I've been searching forums here and I've not really found much so far in regards to this topic, but I want to do as the title says...

I want to be able to share a calendar between 2 or more people. I do not know how to do this in KMS and Outlook 2007...

I was thinking on making an open directory and having an iCal file in there in which several people have access to and being able to read/write to that file but the file doesn't update for some reason...

So how does on share a calendar within Outlook 2007 with KMS. Obviously I can't do the "open other user's folder".

Edit:

Lemme also add, personal calenders, not public calendars. I want to share personal calender of person A with person B so that they can both edit person A's calendar. The way I would think of it is if Exchange was here to go under the Tools --> Options --> Delegation Tab and to do stuff in there to allow a user to view/edit a personal calendar.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2008 23:57]

•  
rigo

Cheeze wrote on Fri, 25 July 2008 15:58

I've been searching forums here and I've not really found much so far in regards to this topic, but I want to do as the title says...

I want to be able to share a calendar between 2 or more people. I do not know how to do this in KMS and Outlook 2007....

All you have to do is right click on the Calendar (Contacts, whatever) and select the share properties (not in front of OO) and add the share users/properties to the item. Right click is your friend on these tasks Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 27 July 2008 17:44]

•  
Cheeze

That was actually the first thing that I did, and nothing showed up still...

How does one search another calender there...I've tried but I can't open another users' files...
  •  
bishbtw

To add a users calender to your mailbox profile in Outlook 2007 try the following:

Right click Mailbox of Username, choose properties of Mailbox..., click advanced, click other mailboxes, click add user.

Hope that helps.
  •  
Cheeze

I actually figured that out a couple of minutes ago...

I had to share the calendar on the host machine, then add the mailbox on another machine, and it worked...

It's a lot more round-about than expected, but it worked....

Thanks guys Smile
  •  
winkelman

Cheeze wrote on Mon, 28 July 2008 22:18

I had to share the calendar on the host machine, then add the mailbox on another machine, and it worked...

It's a lot more round-about than expected, but it worked....

This is a good thing actually: someone may decide to give me rights to view their folder(s), but that doesn't mean I actually want to view them. I a bad interpretation: people could create a bunch of fake folders, give me rights and thus cloud my folder-list without me being able to do anything about it!

So the two-step process of give-rights-take-rights actually makes much sense.
  •  
rigo

yea it works great, now I have to try the iphone thing too Wink
Previous Topic: Rules not always working
Next Topic: Viewing Delegated Calendars on iPhone w/ ActiveSync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:40:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00496 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.