Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rules not always working (Rules not always working)
  •  
Nixs

Send a private message to this user
I have various software that only does reporting via e-mail. This generates thousands of e-mails daily. The concept is that I can use the search function in Outlook to find the reports I need. Most of the time I don't need these reports - only if someone calls with a problem.

So I have rules I've created in webmail that are based on subject. Each say if subject contains "this" then move it "here" and stop processing more rules.

The problem is that every day there are maybe 20 of these e-mails in my in box which should have been moved.

Is it a known issue that Kerio rules may not always function? Or is this a result of the Kerio mail service/server being restarted and these were the e-mails that were being processed at that time?

It's not a big deal for me to have 20 e-mails of 5000 in my inbox - my concern is with rules which my user may have made which are important and not always working. Such as forwarding e-mails to their BlackBerry e-mail address.

Edwin
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
Perhaps this is your issue:

I have some software (such as my WSUS service) that generate messages without To or (B)CC fields. The recipient of the message is passed along in the SMTP protocol, but not actually in any email header. This is perfectly acceptable as protocol goes, but KMS's email filters don't seem to have any grip on it.

Example of such a message's headers, as you can see without explicit recipient (<snip>'s and ---- edited by me):

Quote:

Return-Path: <no-reply<_a.t_>okura.nl>
X-Envelope-To: wsus-reports<_a.t_>okura.nl
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.0 required=5.0
--------tests=TOTAL_SCORE: 0.000
X-Spam-Level:
Received: from <snip> ([<snip>])
--------by gatekeeper.okura.nl
--------for wsus-reports<_a.t_>okura.nl;
--------Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:00:13 +0200
MIME-Version: 1.0
Date: 28 Jul 2008 08:00:08 +0200
Subject: <snip>
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

After me getting into some sieve scripting (language used by the mail filter) I was able to create a filter that works on some other header fields. In my case the 'Received' header contains the correct recipient (wsus-reports<_a.t_>okura.nl), so this script is able to filter on this 'defaultwise unfilterable' Razz message:

Quote:

if header :contains "Received" "wsus-reports<_a.t_>okura.nl"
{
fileinto "Systems E-mail/WSUS reports";
stop;
}

(You can create such a script by hitting the edit button in Webmail Mail Filters.)
Previous Topic: Disclaimer
Next Topic: Sharing Calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:38:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00345 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.