Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to create a "blackhole" address?
  •  
epfantasia

Send a private message to this user
With sendmail as our MTA I used to be able to make an address that would act as a "blackhole", deleting messages as they arrive (used for handling bounces from a mail list) by making an alias that gets piped to /dev/null.

Is there a way to do this with KMS, without creating an user account?
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

I cannot think of any way of doing that. You could create an alias and have that alias deliver to one of the local user accounts. Then in webmail you could create a filter and notification rule that any mail with the alias name in the To line is deleted. Hopefully another forum reader will have a better suggestion for you.
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

You could try making a Spam-Filter which will drop the message returned.
or use the alternative method of JWadlow
  •  
sidbarker

We use the method RHarmsen.nl suggested - works well for us.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 March 2004 17:50]

•  
Tr!une

RHarmsen, can you expand on that thought a bit? Are you talking about emails that "double-bounce" as in rejections to autoresponders? I have a few users asking about autoresponders but they are such a headache because of bounced autoresponses to newsletters and such.
What type of filter did you create?

Thanks
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I don't use any of that filters myself
it was just an idea that poped into my head.

what I meant was, you send your mail from an email address
eg: noreply<at>domain.com
now you make a spam rule which drops al mail sent to noreply<at>domain.com

It won't be posible for people to send a reply either
  •  
sidbarker

You can set a rule in the Spam Filter, Spam Rating tab.
Click Add, give it a description, choose Received from Header combo, then "contains address" from Type, then the email address of the mailing list in the Content.
I'm not sure about mailing lists (never used them so far), but I suspect this would stop your users from receiving any messages from the mailing list.

You might find there is something unique in the headers of the bounced messages that can be found, that might be better. I used to use Mercury Mailserver, and it could have rules galore.... great little program, but needed some of the nicer aspects of Kerio etc included.
Previous Topic: Leave Mail on Server
Next Topic: Simultaneous connections to one mailbox.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:03:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.