Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issue with Kerio Sync Connector
  •  
barthompson

Send a private message to this user
We are currently running Kerio Mail Server on an Xserve and have 5 iMacs set up with it. We use Mac OS X Mail as the email client and iCal for calendars. I tried to install Kerio sync connector for the purpose of syncing contacts in Mac OS X Address Book with the contacts folder in the users mailbox in kerio mail server. However, I got an error on the iMac client saying: "Error occurred during preparing synchronisation environment: Kerio Sync manager is not enabled"

Any ideas anyone??
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The error is "Sync manager is not enabled". The sync manager is not from Kerio but it is a part of Mac OS X.
Open iSync application and Enable syncing in the Preferences.
  •  
barthompson

Thanks for your prompt response...

I tried launching iSync and an error came up and said:

"iSync can't be launched

SyncServices: Another computer sharing your home directory is currently using the Sync Server."

Our iMacs our bound to the xserve which is an open directory master...could this be anything to do with it?

Also, I didnt think iSync was used in the KSC method, only the address book exchange method.

Many thanks for your help...

•  
My IT Indy

If you're using home folders on the server you will have all sorts of trouble using both the KSC and the Kerio admin utility.

Use the Exchange syncing directly from Address Book if you can.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
CityGirl

We have this same issue right now on two computers. Is there a fix or workaround for when the isync error says that another computer is using the same home directory? On this computer the user had a local account but while we have been trying to fix this issue we deleted her local account and gave her a network account. Any ideas how to get the address book to sync w/the web mail address book?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 October 2008 17:00]

•  
p0ddie

Hi,

I have the same issue on several machines. A temporary solution is to go to ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices and delete the "lock" folder.

However, this is only a temporary solution. Even if you had a login hook deleting this folder, the problem occurs.

<_a.t_>HoosierMac are you aware the "sync with Exchange Server" in Apple Address Book uses iSync, too? Same problem here.

Currently, with OD accounts, you are stuck with LDAP queries to get addresses. No editing of the Address Book unter OS X if you use network accounts... you have to use the web interface. This totally sucks and makes the combination OD networked accounts/Kerio Mailserver/Apple Mail/iCal/Address Book *unusable*, but it is hardly Kerio's fault. Apple need to get their thubs out their *sses and fix this.. it's only been around since 10.4. It's still present in 10.6, by the way: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10169909

Apparently, my customer is stuck using Entourage 2008 with all its flaws (gigantic databases bound to crash, server time machine backup backing up 100GB every hour due to changed databases in the user accounts, slow and unstable usage...).

It's so sad.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 September 2009 17:29]

•  
daniel ike

I have the same problem. Do any of your users have iPhones or iPods? I found a fix, although one that doesn't make me feel much better.
We have an Xserve with OS X Server 10.6.2. I'm logged in as a network user also running 10.6.2.

When I open iTunes and my iPhone sync begins, iTunes gives me the error message "iTunes cannot sync information with the iPhone "iPhone" because syncing has been disabled on this computer. Do you want to enable syncing? If you do not enable syncing, iTunes will not be able to sync contacts, calendars, bookmarks or mail accounts to your iPhone."

When I click Yes, I immediately get another window pop up saying: "Syncing cannot be enabled on this computer. There are multiple computers logged into this same network home directory. To synchronize this computer, please disable syncing on all other computers logged into this home directory." The options are Override and OK. When I click Override, my iPhone syncs normally and this turns sync services back on.

I have not tried disabling simultaneous logins in Workgroup Manager on the server. That's my next step.
Previous Topic: Only 1 Macbook has a random "unable to connect" to kerio, but only when on internal networ
Next Topic: Filter user access to comunication protocols
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:42:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.