Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to migrate from one server to another?? (Wanting to move whole KMS from FC6 server to the CentOS)
  •  
j_suominen

Send a private message to this user

For the upcoming KMS 6.6.0 I need to move the whole KMS from a FC6 server to a new CentOS server in a VMware environment.

Why? Because Kerio says they do not support FC6 with KMS 6.6.0 anymore. That's kind of sad, since previous KMS Virtual Appliance was shipped with FC6...

Anyhow, these are the steps I am going to take:
1. Upgrade current FC6 KMS installation to 6.5.2
2. Install new KMS 6.5.2 CentOS Virtual Appliance
3. Copy configuration + data etc from FC6 to CentOS.

Well, 1 and 2 are trivial, but what I really need to copy and do in the step 3? I do not want to create every user and mailbox by hand. Instead I'd like to move everything at once. Downtime is accepted for the operation.

Furthermore, I am using Kerberos (AD) authentication towards Win2003 server environment.

Any docs describing this kind of migration?

Thanks!
  •  
My IT Indy

Here's the rsync command I used when I migrated my FC6 installation to FC8. Everything worked perfectly on the server side.

rsync -avz -e ssh --delete /opt/kerio/mailserver/store root<_a.t_>destination server:/opt/kerio/mailserver/

You don't need the --delete flag but I was running this as a daily backup to prep the migration. Basically the first time you run this it will take a long time if you've got a lot of mail, but with the --delete flag it compares the two directories and deletes the items in the destination not in the starting directory.

Here's the exact order I did this in:

1) Set the TTL for domain1 to 2 minutes and then changed the DNS to my new server.
2) I shut down the old server's KMS.
3) I ran rsync to sync the directories
4) I turned up KMS on the new server
5) I had to reinstall my SSL cert on the new server, and you *might* have to reinstall your base license.
6) Enjoy the new server.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
j_suominen

Thanks, sounds like a nice solution but that doesn't move the KMS settings, or?

I'd like to make a one-to-one copy of the KMS with all the settings included. Should I use /opt/kerio/mailserver as a source dir then?

•  
My IT Indy

You will have to install KMS on the destination before running the rsync command. It won't let you do it afterwards.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: KOC - Am i doing something wrong?
Next Topic: Disclaimer
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 23:19:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.