Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Missing Email Attachments on iPhone 2.0 (Can't download email attachments on iPhone using push mail.)
  •  
PC

Send a private message to this user
I have just moved all our mobile users onto iPhones after using smartphones running windows mobile for a couple of years.

Aside from the known Calendar problem, email attachments are getting through to the iPhones at a rate of, at best, 1 in 10. The old smartphones were set to only download attachments when requested and, since it was not practical to look at anything other than pictures on these phones, they rarely were. The iPhone makes reading attachments practical yet, although the inbox list will correctly show an attachment icon next to each message, the attachment will not show up at the bottom of the email for download except on rare occasions.

The problem seems entirely random as one email will contain an attachment yet an email from the same person received a few minutes later will not even when the attachment is smaller.

One of our users has a second email account set up on his phone using imap. This account has no problem with attachments.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am running Kerio 6.5.2 on an Xserve running Leopard 10.5.4. Clients use Entourage for mail and calendars along with their iPhones.
  •  
lee@wcs.uk.net

I have the same problem on my intel Xserve running 10.5.4 and Kerio 6.5.2.

I've also noticed that the Mail application in Leopard and Tiger will sometimes show say two attachments but when you open the Mail application you have no attachments.

Going to the Webmail shows the attachments fine or Entourage 2004 and above.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please read the list of currently supported features on the iPhone:
http://support.kerio.com/kb/489

Support for attachment viewing will be added to the next version.
  •  
lee@wcs.uk.net

Thanks for the reply looking forward to the update.
Previous Topic: Favorite RedHat distribution
Next Topic: Opinions on Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:46:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.