Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Opinions on Kerio
  •  
Paddy

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I was here a while ago now with a view to move from Exchange to Kerio Mail.

Our users use Outlook and due to the performance of KOC we decided against the move.

Now the KOFF is here the prospect of moving to Kerio is looking more achievable.

I have to questions;

1: We have around 15 users. Are there any problems with outlook/Kerio/KOFF that would make me think twice about the move?

2: What is Kerio as a company like? I wanted to migrate some mailboxes onto the test Kerio server and have twice emailed requesting a download of the migration tool and have had no replies to either.

Thanks for your thoughts.
  •  
roly

hello paddy

kms 6.5.x and koff is okay and works very fine. but it depends on how big the store of each users mailbox is.
one customer with 15 mac's (all use apple-mail) and 15 win xp (all use office 2003 / sp2.
the ms-office-2003 with mailbox bigger than 1.5gb are a bit slow... Cool .
but we have no problems ! Very Happy
problems with answering from mails to kerio... Cool ?
try once again, it's a usefull tool.
hope this helps.

bye from ch, roly
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

The tool is available from the website
http://www.kerio.com/beta_section.html#kemt
Note that you must run the migration tool from a separate computer (not the exchange server). It also requires Outlook to be installed. Otherwise the tool is very simple to use.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
mrralan

The Kerio offline connector is still flakey. We frequently have to re-create user profiles, re-install it, or uninstall microsoft patches that Kerio has problems with. Others do also. You can read the posts. Why would you want to move from Exchange?
  •  
jshaw541

mrralan wrote on Mon, 04 August 2008 09:52

The Kerio offline connector is still flakey. We frequently have to re-create user profiles, re-install it, or uninstall microsoft patches that Kerio has problems with. Others do also. You can read the posts. Why would you want to move from Exchange?

For the record for the OP: We are not sharing in these issues, but that could be for a variety of reasons. KOFF is working wonderfully here, however. We didn't migrate from Exchange, so we don't know what we are or aren't missing.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
bigmountain

Paddy,

We provide Kerio accounts as a hosted solution and I have received nothing but positive feedback from my clients after the KOC Offline became available. I had one client (an IT administrator) tell me that his hosted service with us was almost as fast a local mail server on his network and that he was extremely pleased. This is not to say that some aspects of Kerio doesn't have it's quirks as does Exchange. Have you had an opportunity to try out the latest Kerio release to see if the speed factor has improved to your needs? If not, I would encourage you to do so. If you do not have an available server to test from, then I would be happy to set you up with a couple of test accounts to trial, keeping in mind that if you purchase a license to run Kerio on your own server that your performance would be a bit better than the speed of a hosted service. Also, you may feel free to contact us and I may be able to put you in touch with some clients who have made the switch from Exchange to Kerio. Our contact information is found on our website....

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
Paddy

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

I should explain we are a small company and are currently still using Exchange 5.5. Shocked A year and half or so ago we took the decision to move away from Exchange rather than upgrade. Since then I've been keeping an eye out for a replacement.

I originally tried Kerio with KOC but found it limited in our environment. Also this forum was not exactly over flowing with positive feedback.

I've lost track of how many I've tested, all had positives and negatives, but was starting to come down on the side of Zarafa until I noticed Kerio had released KOFF.

So it's between two. We bought the new server and its now down to testing. As no one except me in the company knows Linux - Kerio is first up and as long as there are no major downsides it will be our choice.

Thanks again,

Paddy
  •  
My IT Indy

I too am a reseller and a hosted provider. I've had a great experience with Kerio on a personal level. I've probably spoken to most of the employees you see posting here in the forums.

KMS does have it's quirks and at times the instruction manuals may seem a bit strangely worded, but the feature set of KMS is fantastic. I just set up a 12 user company with only webmail yesterday because they owned 3 different versions of Outlook and wanted a unified interface for everyone. They loved the webmail and took to it immediately.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Missing Email Attachments on iPhone 2.0
Next Topic: mail filtering
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:10:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00490 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.