Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Notifylink? Kerio's only option for Blackberry Service?
  •  
columbiabody

Send a private message to this user
I'm not real happy with the notifylink on-demand setup for our ten blackberries. Is there an alternative to having an all-in-one solution? Our license is about to expire at the end of the year.
  •  
rinzwind

Forget Blackberry and buy the Nokia E71 with ActiveSync setup, optional in combination with IMAP. The extra costs for just Blackberry are not worth it (in my opinion).
  •  
supersheep

Nope - you're pretty much stuck with Notifylink if you want to use Blackberries properly.

We've set up "bodged" Blackberry setups for users with BIS service - just create a push email box for the device with the service provider, and set up forwards from the user's account to the Blackberry push email. No sync of stuff sent from the Blackberry, but it does work if you no longer want to pay for Notifylink.

Not quite sure why you don't want an "all-in-one" solution, since that's kinda the ideal point to reach with email/PIM/smartphone management. Personally I'm not fond of NL, but others seem to swear by it.

[edit] Just thought of something - if you have certain BBs (can't remember which ones off hand, but the new Curve is one) you can set up IMAP accounts. No push, but it checks about every 15 minutes (via your provider's central BIS server).

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2008 03:31]

•  
catoxpress

We have the "bodged" setup for our BBs now and I get complaints all the time from our users about why they have to delete from both their inbox on the device and in their outlook. Additionally, they want the contacts (Public if possible), calendar, and tasks.

Can I ask why you are not happy with Notifylink on Demand? What is the approx. cost for 10 devices?
  •  
columbiabody

I hate the fact you have to go through a third-party provider to make blackberries work properly. Where you can sync with other phones using the built-in Activesync on the Kerio mailserver. I think blackberries are a powerful devices. Not to mention Activesync phones are battery hogs.
  •  
kthomas

Astrasync may be an option, but I haven't got it to work with Kerio yet.
It adds ActiveSync to your Blackberry (needs OS 4.2 or newer.)
There's a free trial: http://www.astrasync.com/
It's designed to work with Exchange 2007, but maybe Kerio/Mailsite can work it out.
--
-Keith
  •  
sonjam

kthomas wrote on Tue, 14 October 2008 17:30

Astrasync may be an option, but I haven't got it to work with Kerio yet.
It adds ActiveSync to your Blackberry (needs OS 4.2 or newer.)
There's a free trial: http://www.astrasync.com/
It's designed to work with Exchange 2007, but maybe Kerio/Mailsite can work it out.
--
-Keith

or NotifySync ?
http://www.notifycorp.com/products/notifysync/index.htm

sj
  •  
My IT Indy

I set up a client with Astrasync and it works pretty well, although it has some limitations. It will only sync the Inbox for one thing.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Jamie.E

NotifySync syncs all email folders and Contacts, Calendars and tasks. It removes the hosted server component that was previously for blackberries to sync. ATM Kerio's activesync cfg needs to be configured to allow unsupported devices to connect for it to work properly. However our testing has been very good so far.
Previous Topic: Junk Mail Folder Report for POP users
Next Topic: Does Kerio 6.4.1 support Caldav?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:55:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.