Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Leave Message on Server
  •  
babsfernendis_74

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I was testing Kerio mail server...

I used my account to get mail and test it ..

But I couldnt find any settings that It should keep a copy on the internet mail server..

I am not talking about Clients but the Kerio mail server geting mails from Internet from my mali account..

it downloads all the Mails to Kerio Mail server and leave no copy on Internet Mail Server..

Is their any way that it coud keep a copy on the internet mail server so that i can access that acount from a different location.

PS: this is not for Clients as I know Cliets can do this but can the Kerio Mail server keep a copy on the Internet Mail Server rather than downloading all the mails to Itself.

thanx

•  
winkelman

babsfernendis_74 wrote on Wed, 06 August 2008 12:29

Is their any way that it coud keep a copy on the internet mail server so that i can access that acount from a different location.

No. Asked a lot, but not possible.
  •  
hammadmasood

Techaniclay you cant do this with any mail server except those who gave this facility at their own level e.g. Gmail.
You can leave messages on gmail server because they support it and you set many more settings on it.
  •  
lanriz

I discovered this while testing KMS too during a research work for a client's mail department who wanted to move from exchange to kerio at a time and this was a major issues then. I reasoned with other replies but when I checked then. But I never accepted the fact that it won't be very possible to leave a copy.

I later stumbled on a software called Popbeamer, which allows you to download your email from you pop3 and still retaining your mail copy on your internet mail server by marking it as read on the mail server. It was specifically meant for exchange, but during my test period, it was able to work very well with KMS. You would need to disable pop3 download from your KMS to use it and mind you it is not free but you can try it too.

I hope this solves your problem. I can tell you it is the best. It should work with any other mail servers available.

You can pm me if you have any question
Previous Topic: Solved: Redirection of webmail
Next Topic: BB & Astrasync to Kerio 7 - cannot invite attendees
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:20:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.