Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of office
  •  
hattens

Send a private message to this user
Hi Kerio

Right now the only thing that seperates us, from bying your product is, that the CEO wants the server to send out of office replies once a day and not once a week. Is there someway to "tweak" the server. I do not want to create a custom filter.

Thanks in advance

- Tim
  •  
hattens

That's not a solution for me. How will this work with the Calendar?
This will be an extra step for our users. We have to tell them, not to use the out of office function, but instead place a filter? Excuse me, but the product will be stamped as failed immediatly.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Out of office function is a standard mail filter autoresponder rule with nicer GUI. It does not affect calendar or free/busy. To show 'out-of-office' status in free/busy, create all day event in the calendar and set event status to out-of-office.
  •  
hattens

Yes but if i use the above in the calendar, it will use the stadard out of office filter, and send autoreplies with a 7 day interval..... That's the problem.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I think there is still huge misunderstanding how out of office works. Let me explain it:
* it is a normal autorespond mail filter rule with nice GUI
* it is not related to calendar
* if you want to show out-of-office status in the free/busy, create calendar event as described above
* if you want to send autoreply more often than once in 7 days for each sender, do not use out of office GUI setting and create same autorespond rule in mail filters and configure it to :days 1
  •  
hattens

So if i create a custom filter and call it Out of office, the calendar will use that filter?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

hattens wrote on Fri, 08 August 2008 11:35

So if i create a custom filter and call it Out of office, the calendar will use that filter?

The calendar has no connection to out of office filter (and vice versa). It is completely independent.
If you want to send autoreply when you're not in office, create out of office mail filter rule (or use the setting in the Preferences).
If you want to show out-of-office status in your calendar, create an event with OOF status.
If you want to do both, you need to make both settings.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 August 2008 11:41]

•  
hattens

Thanks for your patience with me... I own you a beer.

Think i got it now
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Disable the out of office, create a new rule, set to any email and autoreply.

Then Click Edit Script in the rule and change the following to meet your needs.

if true
{
vacation :days 0 "Thank you for your email. I will be out of the office Tue. July 16th returning Tue. July 30th. During this time i will not have access to email. \nThank you and have a good day!";
stop;
}

Use the Days 0,1-7 for the number of days you wish for the users out of office to reset.

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Has this been made a configurable feature in future versions yet. I have used the mail filter with limited success. Trying to get 60 individuals to use this "special" email filter when most 75% or so use Outlook is impossible. We just can't have only one email a week going out. This needs to be a system setting.

Any chance that can happen or if you know where it is, please share it with us. At least once a day would be sufficient as a default for the out of office right? Once a week is way too long.

Thanks,
Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
Previous Topic: FILEINTO ignored: message cannot be delivered to the same folder more than once
Next Topic: change auto-response frequency
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 15:59:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.