Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Communigate migration to Kerio
  •  
supersheep

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Longtime reader of the support forums here - thanks to Kerio for a great product and great support.

I have a client that's considering a move from Communigate to Kerio, and the real killer point is that they need to migrate the existing mailstore into Kerio. It's reasonably big (30+ users, most with mailboxes over 1GB).

Now, the migration tool is only available on request, which suggests to me that it might be a bit flakey and not suitable for general use.

There's a few old posts on the forums about migration, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing a migration recently. Did you use the tool, or something like imapsync? What are the pitfalls?

Andy.
  •  
joepmo

Am actually in the process of migrating about 45 users from Exchange Server to Kerio. Have successfully migrated about 30 users so far using the Migration tool provided by tech support. Migration has been absolutely without incident.

The only issue you will run it to is that it does take a bit of time with the large mailboxes. I did not really put a clock on it because I was moving some other files as well, but I am thinking that 28,000 message and 2 GB of mail took about 60 -90 minutes. The interface for the tool is very straightforward and you can select your users and walk away, though with that much data I would think moving them in several groups might be better.

Hope this helps.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 August 2008 05:45]

•  
shaggie16

Hi..

I have performed this migration for several of my customers and it is fairly painless to be honest.

When I first started doing these migrations, the kerio tool was not available, so I used a Perl script called ImapSync.

As this was very successful, I didn't bother with Kerio's own offering. I have previously recommended this method to others on here, and as far as I know, they found it effective.

Do a google for imapsync and take a look.
Previous Topic: User quota problem
Next Topic: Read this if you are on ESX 3.0.x for your Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:01:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00344 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.