Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Help needed with KWF (Nelp Needed with KWF)
  •  
Phasin8

Send a private message to this user
Hi Support,

Xp Pro SP2
3 Users on Local Machine (Xp) each users has there own Static IP address, assigned wen they log on/off.
192.168.1.1- User1
192.168.1.2- User2
192.168.1.3- User3
1x Wireless Card
ADSL Router with 3gig cap
Kerio Winroute Firewall V6.4.2

What i am trying to achieve is to monitor the downloads/uploads for each users.

The way i am trying to set this up is that i have installed KWF on the Xp machine, and i want the KWF to monitor the usage per IP address. I want to allow each user 1gig per month of downloads/uploads, and when there limit is reached block them from using the internet, The problem i am having is that i set this up to play with and set the users downloads/uploads to say 2mb i then browse the internet and what the stats under KWF and i can see the usage going up and then reaching there limit, no problems, i can see in the log files that they have reached there limits, but that user can still browse the internet like normal no problems, its as if the quota does not kick in, but it does monitor though. One strange thing i did notice is that under the logs where it shows the quota exceeded messgae it gives the machine name eg xp and the ip address 127.0.0.1, meanwhile my ip is static and set to 192.168.1.1.

I am looking to implement this software in our office aswell, but until i get this working i cant ask the company to purchase the software, if i can get this working i will then approach them.

Please can you assist me with the issues i am experiencing and gude me in the right direction, maybe i am setting up something in correctly.

Regards,
Previous Topic: Winroute Help
Next Topic: VPN for using internet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:02:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.