Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mobile Users (Need advice for our mobile sales force)
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
We have about 120 users most of whom are using terminal server and outlook 2003 with the KOC from remote offices. There are about 20 sales persons who travel quite a bit and are on laptops. They complain that when they are not connected and capable of being in a TS session, they can't review their mail. Additionally, they run some other applications that are local to the laptops and it it difficult to operate when their outlook is in a TS session (send files, pics, etc.). I have attempted POP mail for a couple of the users but it makes me nervous with all their mail on the laptop (can't trust them to back it all up).

What are some suggestions from some of you that deal with these mobile users? I am open for suggestions.
  •  
bigmountain

Are they able to use webmail from a browser?

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
catoxpress

Yes, they can do that but...

They use a few applications that are unfortunately tied in with Outlook. So Outlook as an email client is a requirement. The biggest complaint they have with POP is that there is no group collaboration and they don't have access to our changing public contacts folder. To compound the issue, they want to have their Blackberry devices synch with their outlook. All of these issues would be no problem with Exchange but that is not an option. KMS is too easy for me to think about switching.

I really just need a solution where they can use Outlook on their laptops, get the benefits of KMS collaboration, be able to view and work on mail when they aren't connected, and keep their Blackberry device synched up with their Outlook.

Wow, is that asking for too much?
  •  
mikeh

Why are you using TS.

For any remote users I would personally always look to have full apps on each laptop and connect using another method or via a VPN connection.

We have mac and PC users who all work remotely and it makes no difference if they are here or out the office and Kerio works really well for us.

I understand some people want or have to use Terminal Services but I am rarely a fan and certainly for email there is no reason to use TS for outlook unless there is info you have excluded.
  •  
catoxpress

For the majority of our users, Terminal Server is a must. They have to use some applications that don't play well over VPN or even WAN and those applications are tightly integrated with Outlook. Terminal Server has never been a problem for them.

For the mobile workforce, what are you using to keep them working from outside the office? KOFF, Mapi, etc.?
Previous Topic: Which Ports is using Exchange Migration toolkit
Next Topic: Subscribe whole Account
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:25:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.