Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate iPhone Contacts
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

Send a private message to this user
I've had this issue since I started using the push features of Kerio;
Some contacts end up being duplicated on my iPhone. Not all contacts and I can't seem to determine why these ones get duplicated but if I delete one of the duplicates from my phone, the contact gets deleted from Kerio. The contact details are exactly the same (However I have had a few that only had a few pieces of data).
I've confirmed that I don't have any duplicates in my Apple Address Book. I've tried recreating my Kerio account on my iPhone and refreshing the contacts but I still have the same issue. I don't know if this is an iPhone or Kerio issue but I have foudn a few reports of other users having issues with duplicate contacts on MobileMe and Exchange.
I am using Kerio on OS X server and am using the Kerio Sync Connector for my Apple Address book and iPhone FW 2.0.1.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.
  •  
pholcomb

I'm having the same problem with duplication of contacts syncing with a windows 2008 server. Anybody know what's causing this?
  •  
celliottuk

Yep, same here. Most bizarre, and as each day goes by, the more duplicates are created.

Not good.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Did anyone report this to support.kerio.com?

[Updated on: Sat, 11 October 2008 14:48]

•  
celliottuk

I did. They came back very quickly with a simple and 100% effective fix. I quote.....

You can disable the contacts by through (on the iPhone) to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Accounts->Your Exchange Account and from there you can turn off contacts. Leave it 5 minutes and then turn them on again and see if the contacts remain at 1000 or if they double. Please note your iPhone will sync other address books you have in your main account (not shared or public, public is available via a GAL lookup on the iPhone).

Worked brilliantly
Previous Topic: Frequency of Warning messages
Next Topic: Importing from EIMS to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 07:51:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.