Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problems with USB Modem Interface (Not sharing internet on LAN via USB WIRELESS MODEM)
  •  
mzosama

Send a private message to this user
Dear fellows,

Well i have a wireless internet connection, the modem is external USB modem which receives the signal directly from the ISP..its not a Wifi thing..its CDMA technology.

I successfully made the custom rules which enable me to run internet on the server on which this usb modem is attached. But i am unable to direct the internet to the local lan (192.168.0.2 onwards). During the wizard, it does not pick my basic internet connection and picks the local area network (192.168.0.1) as the source of internet. I want to share the internet on 192.168.0.xxx.

Kerio works great on dialup modem, but it does not seems to pick up my USB cable modem as internet source..Although In the KWF interface it is showing USB cable modem besides the Dial in icon..but not able to share the net..

Anyone..ur assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

UZ.

• Attachment: kerio.jpg
    (Size: 149.54KB, Downloaded 1092 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 15 August 2008 18:10]

•  
DaHiA

I believe your ISP would be Vodafone or Etisalat Misr,
Have you tried to contact their technical support to inquire in case its possible to share connection with LAN?
  •  
mzosama

Well its Worldcall Wireless in Lahore, Pakistan...yeah u r right i can share the net via ICS..but kerio gives more control over internet sharing than ICS...
  •  
mzosama

Well today..i have uninstall kerio and tried to share the internet through ICS...but it seems not be working even on ICS..i think there is some problem with routing table..when it comes to USB cable modem..ICS and kerio only support interfaces which can connected directly to the motherboard like NIC and Dialup modem...by the way..CCproxy is gr8 in this regard..it has shared the internet on multiple networks..as i have 2 LANs running..i wish there is some feature in kerio too...i want NAT and not proxy...
  •  
dimmas375

I have same problem with Huawei PCMCIA wireless EVDO modem. I've manually moved the interface to Internet interfaces and KWF works fine with my homenetwork. But, buttons Dial and Hangup is inactive, and I can't use rule Dial-on-demand instead of Persistent connection. Web Administration interface says that this connection have been made using NdisWan Adapter.
  •  
Tauseef

Dear
I am hare to provide you free Technical Support regarding Kerio Products in Pakistan.
feel free to contact with me

Tauseef Razzaq
Kerio Certified Partner in Pakistan
tauseef<_at_>onsite-it.info
Previous Topic: 'Licenses in use' counter in KC 7.0.1?
Next Topic: Help needed ! Network configuration for Kerio Control ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:50:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.