Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Scripting client installation of KOC
  •  
jdegardin

Send a private message to this user
Hello everybody,

I have a kerio mailserver with 120 clients connected, and an active directory to authenticate these users. I would like to automatize the configuration of my KOC (offline edition) in Outlook for my users, because I have to help them each time they log on a new computer...

Someone has ever done this ?

Thank you for your help,

Regards
JD
  •  
mrralan

I think the next version, 6.6, will have this ability. I don't know how to do it with 6.5.2.
  •  
sedell

I don't know if that would be necessarily a good idea. The initial sync is pretty resource intensive on the server. I believe the documentation also states that you shouldn't have multiple initial syncs running at the same time for similar reasons.

If you script all of their settings, you have no control over when the initial sync will occur. You could have several people log into different machines and start up Outlook at around the same time. If it's the first time on the machine and they have enough mail, multiple initial syncs would be running and you could potentially bog the server down to the point where it stops responding.

Scott
  •  
ccjwells

Is there any way you could set up centralized home directories so you wouldn't have to reconfigure each machine they log in to for their email?
  •  
mrralan

You can set the users up to use roaming profiles. This is done in Acitve Directory. Everything that normally is stored in users profiles on their local machines would now be stored on servers and brought down to them when they log in. The Kerio offline connector would still need to be installed on each machine. However, if a user is going to be logging into many PCs, I would have them use webmail.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2008 17:21]

•  
jdegardin

I have roaming profiles, but you can just redirect Application data, my documents and desktop folders. The configuration of the KOC must be remake on each different computer machine.

I have a ghost with the connector, but I would like to avoid making the configuration each time...

Does any one know where is the outlook account stored ?

Thanks you sincerely for your help.
  •  
mrralan

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Kerio\Outlook Connector
  •  
sedell

With the rest of Outlook profiles:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

KOFF or KOC is the account type, but it's still an Outlook profile. Redirecting the Application Data folder alone won't be much help.

It should work with a full roaming profile, but would you still have to perform the initial sync since the database is stored under the Local Settings folder.

Scott
Previous Topic: Configuration file (PRF)
Next Topic: lots of contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:56:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00552 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.