Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Login Scipts (Is there a way to force the VPN client to run login scripts after conencting to the VPN)
  •  
kareztt

Send a private message to this user
I need to map drives, having users use batch files is not practical. Running domain login scripts or alternately allowing the VPN client to run a local login script (for the VPN client connecton only) after connection would be fine as well although a bit more support work. It's messy to setup a seperate login script for each user and place it on their PC so they can then map drives when working remotely.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2008 18:21]

•  
nhoague

Have you found a solution to your question? I know this is 2 years old but I am now interested in this very setup ...

Thanks.
  •  
kareztt

Nope, I gave up on it. You can do it if you have a server running as the VPN go between but I never really found a solution. The users just have to map the drives if necessary. Even more annoying is that DNS does not always work the first time you connect in Win7. Never found a solution for that either other than connect a second time and then it works.

Tom
  •  
ICT and Me

When you are using the VPN client to connect to a network with ADS, then the answer is simple if the user use a notebook.
Home PC is different, but could also be a security risk.

Notebook user:
The notebook is already member of the domain.
Create a standaard VPN user. example. vpn_{notebookname}
Give a password and rights to use VPN, ofcourse.
You can even consider to give fixed VPN IP.

Let VPN client always be "ON".
When user swithed on the notebook and it has a internet connection, then VPN client will directly connect to the VPN server (Control). At that point the user can logon like he/she is in the office. So ADS will provide the profile, loginscript etc etc.

To do this on a "home" workstation it must be a provided company computer with ADS connection already made and tested with VPN client. Why provide by the company, because you want to control the system on virus, spam etc etc.
If you want to use the VPN client on the user his/her own home computer, you can have a security risk. The system could have trojans, virus or other security risk stuff.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: need an answer!!
Next Topic: Botnet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 15:56:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.