Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Newbie - Good DNS, Webserver, no Kerio (autodidact seeks pointers)
  •  
nyc-mac

Send a private message to this user
I have looked through the Admin guide, the online training and watched all the videos (such as the Apple Webcast) and still cannot see what I am doing wrong. Although I pride myself on being an autodidact I realize that sometimes you just need to pay people...

00) Test server to see if we like Kerio. One domain with only 5 users.

0) I have been assigned to do it - and although I know the Mac OS like the back of my hand and some Server I have never set up a mail server and am just starting to understand the complexities of DNS

1) Intel Mac mini with 2GB ram and static IP

2) dyndns.com DNS and MX

3) Web server works fine on Mac mini with domain I bought and pointed to my static

4) Installed KMS 6.5, went through setup and does not work, nothing in logs.

5) Frustrated that no documentation talks about my situation, what appears to be the most simple deploy imaginable.

6) In config wizard under "domain resolves to" put mx2.mailhop.org as per dyndns listing under "mail exchanger" and not mail.mydomainname.com -- but am confused as to if this is right.

Suggestions to an autodidact? I would feel fine hiring someone for an hour but it seems like they would remote into my KMS for five minutes and I would be out $180... when there is something basic I am missing here...

Sorry for the long post just very frustrated and have a feeling that I am overlooking something easy

•  
joepmo

Send a private message to this user
nyc,

A couple of things.

From your description, I gather that DYNDNS is handling the authoritative DNS for your domain.

1) You need to setup an MX record at DYNDNS with a lower priority than the mailhop record. For the hostname "yourdomain.com" you would want an MX record with mail.yourdomain.com and a priority of 10. Then you would have a second MX record for the hostname "yourdomain.com" with mx2.mailhop.org and a priority number higher than 10, like 40 or 50.

2) Do you have a firewall and is it configured to pass port 25 through to your email server?

3) Can you send email within your facility via Kerio?

Previous Topic: Kerio iSync Connector - CPU and Memory Usage
Next Topic: KMS vs MDaemon 9.6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:33:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.