Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users disk quota usage reported wrong
  •  
Blotto

Messages: 27
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
One of my users is being reported as using 3.3GB of quota, when on the server, the actual disk usage is 1.7GB...

Is there some way of correcting this? Makes administering _real_ quotas a bit of a problem.
  •  
Blotto

Messages: 27
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
someone has to know the answer to this... surely...
  •  
winkelman

Messages: 2119
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
I think even the knowledge base knows the answer to this one, did you search there?
  •  
Blotto

Messages: 27
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Of course, to no avail...

a little direction perhaps?
  •  
sedell

Messages: 1168
Karma: 1
Send a private message to this user
This gets asked regularly. Do a search of the forum and you'll find the answer.

Scott
  •  
Blotto

Messages: 27
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Thanks winkelman, fixed it right up.
  •  
winkelman

Messages: 2119
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
No problem, always easier to find stuff if you already know what you're looking for Smile
  •  
GlennK

Messages: 252
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
Having a real problem with this after a major blowout of quota overload. Had to delete mail in the command line on a Mac OS X server. I already re-indexed the folders in question and now replaced the stats file. Still, I get 2.8 GB showing when the user is only at 1.6. Any more ideas? I really don't want to blow out all the index files for the user. I should probably just leave well enough alone but its driving me nutty.
  •  
winkelman

Messages: 2119
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
GlennK wrote on Tue, 23 November 2010 03:35
Having a real problem with this after a major blowout of quota overload. Had to delete mail in the command line on a Mac OS X server. I already re-indexed the folders in question and now replaced the stats file. Still, I get 2.8 GB showing when the user is only at 1.6. Any more ideas? I really don't want to blow out all the index files for the user. I should probably just leave well enough alone but its driving me nutty.



  1. Stop de mail server (otherwise it doesn't work)
  2. Go to the user's store folder
  3. Rename the users stats.usr file to stats.usr.old
  4. Start the mail server


The stats.usr file is not recreated immediately, but only when needed, so when the user logs in or when you verify the quota in the admin console. Do that and check if it is now good.

(Then possibly delete the renamed stats.usr.old file, of you no longer need it.)

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2010 11:34]

  •  
GlennK

Messages: 252
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
I did this, with the one difference being that I deleted the stats file rather than renaming to .old. I'll give the renaming a go.

Thanks
  •  
winkelman

Messages: 2119
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
GlennK wrote on Mon, 29 November 2010 13:37
I did this, with the one difference being that I deleted the stats file rather than renaming to .old. I'll give the renaming a go.

Thanks

Hm. Renaming or deleting does not make a difference. I am in the habit of renaming, so I can go back the the old file should that turn out to be better, or should something go wrong with the automatic recreation of the file (for some reason).

Did you stop the server? I know in older version (couple of years ago) you did not need to stop the server for this to work. With more recent versions however you have to stop the server. If you don't, a new stats.usr will be created, but it will contain the old, wrong values.
  •  
GlennK

Messages: 252
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
yes, stopped the server. I've done this before with other users and it has worked, that's why this one user is so frustrating.
  •  
winkelman

Messages: 2119
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
Well, then I'm sorry, don't know what to do next (except to open a ticket with Kerio). I have never come across a situation (fingers crossed Smile) were the above mentioned procedure did not work.

Good luck!
GlennK

Messages: 252
Karma: 3
Send a private message to this user
Well... looks like the renaming worked. I'm not sure what the difference was. The only other thing I did differently was to just wait for the client to log in (for the stats file to regenerate) rather than do it myself with webmail.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Using 2 calendars on 1 smartphone
Next Topic: Italian language
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:05:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00564 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.