Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF Database Corruptions (Is it just me or.....)
  •  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
Hi all!

This is an "Is it just me or..." type post. Smile

On rare occasion the Firebird database for KOFF will go bad from our day to day use. Not a lot, but it can do this for any number of easy to find reasons. System crashes (blue screen), Outlook crashes, and even KOFF crashes are the usually culprit. It's easy enough to fix, just redo the users's profile in Outlook and re-sync all messages from the server. That's a great fix and works wonders.

Strangely enough though, this past week my handful of highly mobile users all experienced Firebird corruption in the same 24 hour period. Nothing has changed in our network or systems to find an easy reason for this. It was just a very odd timing that all of them experienced the same symptoms at about the same time frame. All my desktop users are just fine. Just the folks with laptops needed to have their Outlook profiles reset for Kerio to start working properly again.

The symptoms were that Outlook would start to work very slowly and within a few hours Outlook would eventually become completely un-usable. Even after reboots and re-starts of Outlook it would hang at start up and no longer work. Deleting the profile and creating a new one would return the user back to 100% operation.

Odd huh?

Scott
Previous Topic: Iphone, push and contact
Next Topic: Public folders corrupt
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 12:10:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.