Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailing Lists - export users and view member count?
  •  
JonasLondon

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,
I must be missing the obvious, but although I think I clicked through every page in the admin console and the manual regarding mailing lists, I can not see how I simply at a glance view the NUMBER of recipients on a mailignlist - isn't this like one of the most basic information a mailing list should provide?!

As I said, apologies in advance, because I know it just has to be in there already...

Second question: Importing CSV files works rather fine - how do I export the mailing list recipients again? We need this data in otehr parts of our CMS.

Thanks,
Jonas
  •  
stoffel

Hello Jonas,

here is a reply I got from Kerio on the question today. I think it is a great feature that is missing. If someone knows how to do it out of the boundaries in the meantime that would be great.

Quote:

There is no current way to do this. We do have a suggestion for this feature and this is being tracked as suggestion 22093. We do not have a time frame as to when this feature will be developed in a future version of KMS. If you wish to have an update about this suggestion then feel free to email in and any member of the tech support team will be able to give you an update of the situation. If you have any other problems or questions feel free to open a new ticket into the system.

Christophe
  •  
JonasLondon

Hi Christophe,

Thank you -but to be honest I am quite surprised that this is only being tracked as "an addition they may do at some future time" - I work in web/database development and to do a recordcount of a list is like what you would teach someone the second hour into this because it is usually just an accessible variable anyway.

Here's to hope they make it a higher priority. But also the export thing - who likes one-way data systems these days?! Smile

Jonas
  •  
sgongola

As a work around, the list of members is in ../mailServer/store/lists/domainname/mailinglistname. Make your own corrections for case and slash direction. You can copy it out or count the lines.
  •  
JonasLondon

Hi, that sounds promising, although (being on Mac OS X Server), I could actually not locate what you are pointing at. Anyone else who cares to follow up on this? Thanks!

Jonas
  •  
mombooks

They were talking about Mac OS X

You shouldn't really mess around with it if you don't know what you're doing, but if you set your os x server to show invisible items you will be able to find what they were talking about in usr/local/kerio/mailserver
  •  
marook

You are not allowed inside the 'mailserver' folder as a normal admin user, you need to 'sudo bash' so you run it as root.
And that, you do in Terminal.. Wink

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
mombooks

You're right, that's the best way to do it....

However I prefer to add permissions as necessary for the normal admin user and manage it through the GUI ^.^
  •  
JonasLondon

Thanks MomBooks. The thing is, I've already set my server to show "invisible items". Still it is not clear to me where exactly I need to look for this.

Is this supposed to be under Applications/Kerio... in Library, in the mailstorage-folder (I have NO "lists" folder in there for example), ...

Quite frankly, before I get the next answer in another six months, I think I just hire a Chinese kid to type off that list for me, that's probably faster than to expect someone to add my freaky suggestion of having a recordcount in the list, let alone a "Export users as CSV" function...

Why bother...

Edit: typo.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2009 16:12]

•  
JonasLondon

Thanks Marook! I did not see (or expect) another answer here so soon after MomBooks' msg.

That's actually helpful information.
Cheers.
J

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2009 16:14]

•  
marook

Well, do as the rest of us:
File a BUG over at support.kerio.com !

The more people filing this, the more priority it might get! Complaining in this forum does - sadly - not add to the 'mee too' counter in their bug database!

Edit:
Export of users is, sadly, the hard way. They are stores in plain text in this file:
/usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/lists/domain.com/listname/ members

You can also manually add to this list if you like, although it might be best to restart the mailserver after. Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2009 16:24]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
mombooks

If you open the main directory of your hard drive (where the 'Users' folder is) if you have invisible items on you should see an invisible folder called 'usr', from then on the file path is as stated previously, you'll just need to get info on any locked folders in the path and add a permission for the account you're using (remembering to change it back when you're done!)

still, if you're fine to use the terminal that's probably a better idea.
  •  
JonasLondon

cool, thanks for that!
Previous Topic: Evolution and Kerio via Exchange
Next Topic: Only 1 Macbook has a random "unable to connect" to kerio, but only when on internal networ
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:27:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.