Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Some (not all) users having CalDAV problems
  •  
srobson

Send a private message to this user
Long-time listener, first-time caller. Overall been highly satisfied with KMS over my past couple of years of using it, and the CalDAV / iPhone / Exchange push additions over the past few months have really made a positive impact on our company's ability to communicate, organize, and schedule effectively.

However, we are having a couple of glitches with our use of the CalDAV server, but these glitches are only affecting a few of our users.

We have about 15 users overall, and maybe three of them have been having pretty consistent trouble keeping their iCal applications connected to their CalDAV calendars. Symptoms include a sporadic inability to authenticate to the CalDAV server in iCal, inability to refresh their calendars on the CalDAV server, and inability for other users to invite these affected users to events.

The short-term fix is usually to delete the CalDAV server account entry in iCal's Preferences and rebuild it, but sporadic problems still tend to creep back in eventually. For at least one user, maybe the third time I deleted and recreated his connection to the CalDAV server seemed to completely eliminate his connection problems (knock on wood!), others have not been quite so lucky (yet).

Of course, one of these three affected users is the president of the company and I have very few opportunities to grab his laptop and work on it.

I have tried to compare the user account settings on our KMS for the "good" users and "bad" users to detect any differences in configuration but can't see anything obvious. We use a certificate we bought from Network Solutions for encrypted connection to the KMS for all IMAP, SMTP, HTTPS and CalDAV connections and I have manually added that cert to every user's Keychain to try to eliminate any issues stemming from iCal, Mail, or Safari/Firefox not recognizing the cert.

All clients in our office are running Mac OS X 10.5.4 and iCal 3.0.4. We're running KMS 6.5.2 under Mac OS X 10.4.11 on our Mail Server machine.

Any insights appreciated, and please let me know if more info is required. Thanks!
Previous Topic: Sonicwall Email Security 200
Next Topic: Mailing List Notification
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:45:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.