Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Major configuration issue with Domain Name / Relay Mailserver and delivery
  •  
sashxp

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i am Using Kerio Mailserver with its Trial Period. I am not sure, if i could handle what i am want to do with Kerio Mailserver.

Here is my Situation:
10-15 POP3 Account on gMail
4 Client without an Domain.
1 virtual Kerio Mailserver

Configuration:
Installed Kerio Mailserver, Domain: MyCompany.lan
Setting up the Relay server on mail.arcor.de /(want to send my Mails through this Mailserver)

If i send an Mail to XYZ<_a.t_>gmx.de i get the following Message:
----------------
This is an informative message sent by vmail.lan.

The server was not able to deliver your email message

Subject: XXX
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:58:58 +0200

to the following addresses:

<XYZ<_a.t_>GMX.de> (mail.arcor.de: 550 5.1.8 <sashxp<_a.t_>mycompany.lan>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found)

-------

ok, i understand. This comes, why my Mailprogram want to send Mail through mail.arcor.de - but i use an incompatible Domain Name. But if I use gmail.com as Domain Name instead of mycompany.lan i can't Mail to other gMail Accounts.

Is this right?
How could i configure to use internal the gMail.com Domain and be flexible? Is my plan impossible or am i just too stupid?

Sorry for my bad English,

thx
sash
  •  
anthony.somerset

Send a private message to this user
this seems an odd solution but i think i understand you,

you can use the gmail domain as long as you set it to forward mail sent to recipients not it user list the the Gmail mx server (available from google)

however i cant see why you would want to do this

googlemail/gmail has a fairly good system already as it supports imap and has contacts and calendars also,

my real reccomendation would be to purchase a domain, they are generally cheap enough as it is, you leave the dns with the registrar and just set your server as one of the mx records

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Using secure ldap in apple address book
Next Topic: Add signature
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 06:39:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.