Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem with Active Directory
  •  
PJBonoVox

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Fresh install of Windows Server 2003 SP2. Promoted it to a domain controller, installed Kerio Mailserver 6.5.2 build 6426 and Active Directory extensions (same version). No errors when installing any of the above but when I try and map the user accounts in Kerio Administration console I'm greeted with :

"The schema extensions have not been found on the LDAP server. The connection won't work."

I installed as domain administrator and this is the only domain controller in the domain. In the warning log I get :

"[02/Sep/2008 12:22:43] LDAP: Schema extensions have not found on LDAP server localhost:389: Referral"

Any ideas?
  •  
ccjwells

Are you running on 64 bit windows?
  •  
rigo

PJBonoVox wrote on Tue, 02 September 2008 06:22

Promoted it to a domain controller, installed Kerio Mailserver 6.5.2 build 6426 and Active Directory extensions

wow, DC and a mail server in the same box--gutsy--very much NOT recommended! anyhow, are all your ports open, if so, look for policies in the AD
  •  
PJBonoVox

Quote:

Are you running on 64 bit windows?

No, it's x86 version.

Quote:

wow, DC and a mail server in the same box--gutsy--very much NOT recommended! anyhow, are all your ports open, if so, look for policies in the AD

I realise that. This is in VMWare and it's just for testing purposes.

The AD is a fresh install. It's worked out of the box like this on a previous version of Kerio so I doubt it's that. As for ports-- Yes, LDAP ports are listening.
  •  
sedell

Are you sure it's AD LDAP that's listening? I'm wondering if Kerio's LDAP could be binding before the AD LDAP has a chance. Maybe Kerio is connecting back to itself when it tries to connect to the DC.

You could try disabling the LDAP services in Kerio, or assigning custom ports, then restart the server.

Scott
  •  
PJBonoVox

Afraid not-- Kerio's LDAP isn't running.

I can tell it's correct since if I type in the incorrect domain administrator password in Kerio I get a different error.

Looks like yet another bug. Time to investigate Exchange server Sad
Previous Topic: Active Sync WM6 y kerio Mail serv impossible
Next Topic: Outlook "sent mail" in wrong folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:48:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.