Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows XP Firewall
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user

Came into work this morning and no one could connect to my Kerio 6.5.2 server hosted on Windows XP SP2. Could not connect via Outlook, Entourage or Web Mail.

I could connect to webmail via local host and the server would send outgoing email but network clients could not connect. I could ping the server internally and VNC in but none of the mail ports where responding.

Well, after about two hours of pulling my hair out it seems that somehow the built in Windows XP Firewall got turned on. At least when I turned it off everything started working again.

I checked the Admin guide but it doesn't mention if the XP firewall should be on or off and I don't remember if I originally turned it on when I set the server up or not. Has anyone ever heard of the XP firewall turning itself on?

- C. Thomas
  •  
BudDurland

You'll probably want to define firewall exceptions for ports 25, 110, and 143 in the XP box. I would not be surprised to find that a Windows "Security Update" enabled the firewall

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
cthomas

Just an FYI, the Windows firewall turned itself on again today. Today I am am positive as I definitely had it off yesterday. I have since added additional exceptions for all the necessary ports in addition to kerio.exe.

I have also been having internal DNS issues which may or may not be related, although I don't see how.

- C. Thomas
Previous Topic: iPhone POP or IMAP
Next Topic: mail rejected
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:39:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00360 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.