Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Upgrading to 6.5.2
  •  
tjoiner@ncpsolutions.com

Send a private message to this user
I am preparing to upgrade from 6.4.2 to 6.5.2 -- is there anything specific I need to do before upgrading? Also, can someone give me an estimated time on how long it will take to upgrade?

I see the Kerio Active Directory Extensions -- do I also need to download that?

If there is any specific documentation to upgrading -- it would be greatly appreciated.

•  
sedell

tjoiner<_a.t_>ncpsolutions.com wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 16:33

I am preparing to upgrade from 6.4.2 to 6.5.2 -- is there anything specific I need to do before upgrading?
Not that I'm aware of, other than make sure everyone is logged out of Outlook.

Also, can someone give me an estimated time on how long it will take to upgrade?
Generally <10 minutes, including installing extras like the Active Directory Extensions, or the new version of the admin console on administrative machines.

I see the Kerio Active Directory Extensions -- do I also need to download that?
Yes, assuming you're integrated with Active Directory. All components have to be matching versions. The Active Directory Extensions, Outlook Connectors or sync plugins, admin console, etc.

If there is any specific documentation to upgrading -- it would be greatly appreciated.
Not that I'm aware of. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the admin guide, which pretty much says to see the chapter on installation, and the Kerio Outlook Connector deployment guide, which only comes into play if you are upgrading people from KOC to KOFF.

Scott
  •  
tjoiner@ncpsolutions.com

Does the Active Directory Extension get installed on the server with Kerio Mailserver or on the Domain Controller where Active Directory is running?
Previous Topic: New Hardware and New IP
Next Topic: e-mail loses HTML format when send it from Outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 01:11:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.