Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone POP or IMAP
  •  
dustint12

Send a private message to this user
I've been running KMS for awhile now with a high degree of success. All users authenticate via Active Directory. A few users have Blackberry devices that POP their mail from KMS with no trouble.

I have a new user with an iPhone. I cannot get e-mail to appear on the device using POP or IMAP. Referring to the KMS logs, it seems the phone is using NTLM to authenticate and that's not permitted. It seems to me it should be since all my users authenticate via Active Directory into KMS.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
  •  
anthony.somerset

use it in exchange mode with your iPhone, you will have more joy and also the bonus of having your contacts and calendars pushed to the device as well as email

NTLM authentication needs to be enabled for most active directory services to authenticate, why it would be disabled is a mystery, try re-enabling it to see if that solves your issue

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
NigelH

I'm using exchange mode for calendar and contacts only as exchange email has a few bugs but I believe Kerio has them fixed.

So Email is through IMAP and Contacts/Calendar through Exchange. Seems to work fine for us.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
anthony.somerset

see i have had the opposite problems

issues with contact syncing and occasional calender issues but mail has been absolutely fine here, on everything from an iPhone to a Palm Treo

but i do agree IMAP is quite bulletproof

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Kerio Sync Connector not working? Adress Book / iCal won't sync
Next Topic: Windows XP Firewall
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 21:18:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.