Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Direct Blackberry and Kerio Sync using AstraSync?
  •  
brucemcl

Send a private message to this user
Here's the URL:

http://www.astrasync.com/

And here's the claim from the website:

"AstraSync establishes a direct https connection between the BlackBerry® Smartphone and the Exchange 2007 or MailSite Fusion server. Customers using AstraSync do not need to purchase a BlackBerry Enterprise Server® and are not dependent on the BlackBerry Internet Service."

That could be helpful, if it works with Kerio. I'm just passing this along as a suggestion, something to be looked into.
  •  
  •  
kthomas

This has been released, and there's a free trial: http://www.astrasync.com/
So far, I haven't had luck with Kerio though, I get this error message:
ActiveSync server does not support a compatible protocol version.
Astrasync was designed to work with Exchange 2007, but hopefully Kerio or Mailsite could bridge the gap?
  •  
mpermann

I had contacted AstraSync Sales Team about their product and compatibility with Kerio. They stated "Kerio is not currently supported, but will be in a later release." so hopefully it will be compatible at some point in the near future. Now of course, this was from a salesman so take it for what it is worth.

•  
rahvee

This month (Nov/08) astrasync is saying they'll support kerio within a month. I've heard that before from other companies, but who knows - maybe it's really true... Smile

http://forum.astrasync.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=568&am p;#568
  •  
mpermann

I was in contact with a sales representative from Astrasync yesterday and he stated that Kerio is currently doing testing and validation on Astrasync's software with Kerio. He was hopeful that the new version might be released in a couple weeks. Keep in mind this was from a salesman so, take it for what it's worth. Razz
Mike
  •  
rigo

promises, promises, sure will be nice to have those other fruit flavors supported
  •  
marcop

this one works, now in beta, but soon te be released, that is whath they "promised" me Smile

http://www.notifycorp.com/products/notifysync/index.htm
  •  
rahvee

MMmmm... So ... How do you get it? Or maybe you can't get it yet cuz it's still beta for now?
  •  
marcop

Suggest you to contact their sales dep. They are pretty responsive.
  •  
dvsmark

been beta testing NotifySync and have not been happy

hoping to beta test astrasync with better results
  •  
sonjam

dvsmark wrote on Thu, 27 November 2008 17:41

been beta testing NotifySync and have not been happy

Can you elaborate on that? We plan to make a switch from Exchange & BES to Kerio and Notifylink. But ActiveSync on Blackberry seems to be an attractive alternative. My friend has good experience with Notifylink so I was rather thinking about Notifysync ?!?!

sj
  •  
capo

I tested NotifySync for nearly a month now with my BB Bold and our Kerio MailServer (latest version).
The only (but critical) issue we have is, that within the contacts certain details are not synced. E.g. if your contacts have a fax number which has been added from within Kerio (Webmail e.g.) and then you sync the contact, you won't have that fax number on your Blackberry. Many other contact details are missing as well.
If they only could fix that (though I don't know whether it is a Kerio or Notify problem), I would be most glad to purchase it if the price will be right.
  •  
rahvee

Beginning today, Astrasync boasts support for Kerio 6.6 (the latest version of Kerio.) I haven't got my trial working yet (my trial expired 2 weeks ago). So I'd love to hear other peoples' feedback until I get mine going.
bobtran

AstraSync will work with Kerio Mail Server 6.6 if you make a small config change.

First stop Kerio Mail Server.
Edit the mailserver.cfg file
Search for "AllowUnsupportedDevices"
Change the value from 0 to 1
Save the change to mailserver.cfg
Start Kerio Mail Server.

Make sure you use AstraSync 2.1. My BlackBerry users haven't complained to me yet.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 December 2008 19:26]

Previous Topic: profilecreator.exe for KOC Online Edition?
Next Topic: Kerio 6.6.2 Email-Versand
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 19:43:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.