Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to improve speed of web browsing
  •  
Netsurfer

Send a private message to this user
Hi!
http://forums.kerio.com/images/message_icons/icon7.gif
I am using winroute ( 6.5.0 Beta 2) on Win2k8 (winroute acts as nat, router, bandwidth limiter and firewall and Win2k8 as dns and dhcp server apart of all the other features).
I an not using the proxy server but just nat only.
I have noticed that web browsing from the clients is not ok imho... is there a way to improve the speed of it?
It is not a problem of bandwidth because it happens even if one only client is working.
I tried to setup a full con nat for one client (one needs to improve web browsing more than other ones) but it did not work.
Perhaps, I need another software that would have to work as packets prioritizing... but I do not know anyone which is compatible with Win2k8 (I hope Bandwidth controller enterprise will in future)
Can you help me?
With non trasparent proxy it obviously is worst ...

Just a little "boost"...How?

Thanks Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2008 03:29]

•  
sappa

hmm i have similar problem on windows 2003 R2 server

if i only ping KWF server respond is 30-50 ms and if any http packet is delayed 50 ms + AV check + cache the borwsing is slow Sad

Kerio Connect
~1000 users

Kerio Control
~1000 users
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

you could try reducing the complexity of firewall rules, disabling Anti-Virus checking, disabling protocol inspectors.

Just turn off as many features as you can might speedup browsing, good luck!
  •  
sappa

yes but if i reduce rules ,turn off features as AV protokol inspektors then is only a expensive router with proxy

Kerio Connect
~1000 users

Kerio Control
~1000 users
  •  
Netsurfer

I have noticed that if I start RRAS (with Windows NAT configurated) web browsing is very fast!
The problem is that I do not know what Winroute sees...
Sometimes it can log the connections and sometimes it seems not doing that...
I do not know how to confgure it in order to act as firewall but letting windows nat to improve the speed...
Previous Topic: Bandwidth Limit For Internet Downloads
Next Topic: Problem with Translation on XP Home
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 22:55:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.