Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Lost a month's worth of email (missing email problem)
  •  
mgoswald

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm running 6.4.1 and all of a sudden, every account on the server is missing all emails past 8-05-08. I logged into the webmail and those emails are simply not there!

It's affected every account on the server.

I renamed the index and properties file to .old and it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas??

M
  •  
steven

not a clue, do you have any backups...
  •  
sedell

If only mail since 08-05 to present is missing across the board, but everything before is intact, it sounds like you might be looking at an old copy of the mail store. Some possibilities to check:

Have you recently moved the mail store? Maybe it got set back to the old location.

Did you move KMS to a new server? It's possible you're connecting to the old server instead of the new one.

This is less likely, but did someone restore a backup from 08-05?

Scott
  •  
mgoswald

The server has not been backed up. It's not 8-05, it's everything after 08-05-08 - so approximately 1 month of current email is simply gone - across the board for EVERYONE.

I don't don't understand this.

M
  •  
mgoswald

Also should note that the server rebooted last night - seems like a power outage.

Could a power outage break the mailserver database somehow???

Thanks,

M
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It looks like your server is running two message stores and power outage has switched to the old store. I think you should contact our technical support. They will help you to find out what happened.
Previous Topic: Public Folders from different Domain
Next Topic: Upgraded and now Sent Mail doesn't show up
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:10:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.